Fsze motor in my protege5 (j-spec)

raul_gianino

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So I have the j spec motor in my p5. My mechanic drove to Jacksonville to pick it up , came back down to Miami dropped it and everything. It runs great. But I was looking into it and I'm not sure if I have the jspec ecu though. Any way to really tell ?

Any one else have the jspec motor in their p5?

I was going to buy a mp3 flashed ecu from spicy orange but ran into this situation.

If I do have the fsze ecu then I'm just gonna tune it to get the most out of it, if it's not the fsze ecu , is it safe to put the mp3 flashes ecu ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id think the MP3 ECU wouldn't work as the FSZE has a different comp. ratio so I think that could possibly cause issues, as the FS-DE has the same compression in every application (Protege,5,MP3,MSP). The FS-ZE has a 10.4:1 (10.7:1 in JDM Mazdaspeed) compared to 9.1:1 in the DE

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the reply. Is there any way to find out if I have the fsze ecu ? I read it's really hard to find , and I wasn't there to see if my mechanic changed my original ecu to the fsze ecu

What ecu am I running on ? The car runs hard, but reading everyone say that they don't have the fsze ecu with the motor. So that makes me think what ecu I'm running on.

My mechanic is the type of guy to require it and go through the mission and hassle of doing it. But then again I'm not sure cause I wasn't there to see this. So any ideas what ecu I have now ? Which ecu will be better for this motor ?

MP3 ecu can run an fsze just fine 10.4 vs 9.1 isn't a big change in compression the mp3 will adjust afr by itself. Don't worry and as I said on the thread u revived as long as your car is a manual u won't have an issue swapping ecu's

Okay so I'm gonna get the flashed mp3 ecu from spicy orange, for the tune and smoother band everyone claims to have.

Sounds good ?

Back