Replacement door actuator gear nowadays?

AMC323

3rd 323
:
03.5P5
Three of my four door lock actuators gears grind and need replaced, so while searching the forum I read that somebody was selling a better made gear to swap out from the actuator for $15 each, instead of replacing the entire actuator. Are those gears still being sold nowadays?

Also, if the replacement gears are no longer available, onlinemazdaparts seems like the best place to buy new factory actuators. They have them listed for $42, $46, and $58 for the drivers front. Why do people on the forum recommend buying aftermarket actuators for $50 from rockauto and ebay when you can buy factory mazda actuators for the same price or less. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Last edited:
Placing large order this morning and was hoping to get verification before I pull the trigger...

Anyone?

i found that dude a few months ago when i went through this, he didnt have any for our cars anymore. i was bummed to not be able to just switch out the gear.

Thanks for reply, that is a bummer, I ordered a brand new actuator for the drivers door and I'm going to disconnect both rear doors for now.

Actually, I contacted that seller this time last year in regard to this. I wanted to get another gear from him for another door that had gone out. He did have some left at the time and gladly sold them to me. He said he was having too many issues with the place that made them and just didn't want to bother with the hassle anymore.

Maybe try contacting him on Ebay to see if any are left?

AMC how did this install go? I just joined a few weeks ago and my rear passenger actuator is grinding. Just trying to research these. I can get one from a junk yard for about 5 bucks.

Back