battery light

devilsratt

:
2002 Mazda protg 5
OK I've checked everything except the alternator but was driving 2 nights ago when a head light blew out and then 3 seconds after that the battery light came on. I replaced the light bulb and it still stayed on. I took the battery to have it tested and it was bad so I replaced it. And now the battery light is still staying on. Any suggestions before I take it to the nearest shop to have the alternator tested?

If you're brave enough to do it,... just disconnect your battery's negative terminal while the car is running.

If the car dies then your alt. is bad.

(Iv'e done it at least three times on my car,... some say you can fry stuff,... I didn't)

OK so I had the altenator tested and it failed so I am in the process of replacing it and ran into a problem. The bottom bolt is coming loose but is hard as heck to turn and I can't get my impact on it because of the small area. Any suggestions on how to take it off a lot easier?

OK never mind I'm am going to take it to the shop because the bottom bolt just snapped off and now the alternator is stuck in there and I have no way of getting it out. But I guess that's what I get for buying a foreign car. Next time I'll just stick with Chevy.

Either way the alt. doesn't come out easily,... you'd have to remove the half shaft half way or stuff from the top to get it out,...

Post us a picture of your new Chevy,...

OK having an overheating issue. It only starts getting hot when i go 65 or faster but as long as i do 60 or less it stays normal. Any suggestions on what the weird issue may be? This one has me stumped cause I have never seen a vehicle get hot the faster u go unless your red lining it.

Coolant to watered down, or thermostat is going bad. Check you reservoir tank, mine had a hole on the top corner and that was causing it to overheat. Once it was changed out, no more over heating.

I'll check it tomorrow and I know it's not the thermostat cause I just replaced it 2 days ago. Coolant might be watered down because when I change the thermostat coolant came out and I refilled it with water but it was only about a gallon. Any idea on how much coolant the car holds so I can empty it out and replace it?

Back