Chris_Top_Her Build Thread 2

Now that you have upgraded from a 2.0 to 2.5, it needs a new name. Its sort of the son of your old vehicle.
Chris's Chris_Top_Her_Son ... nah, that one has been used.

(band)

lol

Now that you have upgraded from a 2.0 to 2.5, it needs a new name. Its sort of the son of your old vehicle.
Chris's Chris_Top_Her_Son ... nah, that one has been used.

(band)

hmm I could call it snoopy but then I'd have to change my plate, and get a new hitch cover
tumblr_m4ogugn5Bt1rqqq50o1_400.jpg
f8TxE8T.jpg

Last edited:
I like this much better (no offense) that your 2.0

I wanted to get white when I got mine but they didn't have any and I couldn't wait (jeep was failing to pieces)

If you don't mind me asking, how much "work" was it to upgrade? I just hit 20k miles on my 2013 touring.

I like this much better (no offense) that your 2.0

I wanted to get white when I got mine but they didn't have any and I couldn't wait (jeep was failing to pieces)

If you don't mind me asking, how much "work" was it to upgrade? I just hit 20k miles on my 2013 touring.

pretty much just labour since everything is bolt on. I know how to do it all myself now, and I have a self help auto shop near me. probably about 1500-1800 in parts (- wheels)

when u gonna lower it on descent coilovers
probably not anytime soon. atm the low is enough and I'd rather direct $1000+ other places. probably getting new tires next month, or the month after. I also want some lights. I wouldn't get coil over until I have a working camber arm anyways.

pretty much just labour since everything is bolt on. I know how to do it all myself now, and I have a self help auto shop near me. probably about 1500-1800 in parts (- wheels)

lol sorry, I meant "upgrade" as in trading one in for the other.

It happened to mo too, a couple of weeks ago. Left the dome light on, for the hole weekend and Monday morning when I wanted to go to work, it was dead.

a 2 day marathon of removing s*** and installing oem s***. mostly overnight, during one point my battery died.

Lol face palm, I'm interested in trading up also. I meant how much of a hassle was it trading in a vehicle with the dealer. I can imagine the time it would be to remove parts.

wasn't really a hassle, however 3 weeks later they just now seem to be getting around to transferring my plate, which I need ot pay $200 for since it's vanity. But it took them 3 weeks to get to it lol. and I'm supposed to get a pass to the harris hill raceway.. no one seems to know the details yet I know of another owner who bought his car and got his pass

??Working camber arm??, I showed you guys what to do and it works perfectly for me, I did hope you of all members would have run with that simple mod.

Installed my Auto EXE links today (Correctly I hope). Hopefully they hold up well with the CS sway bar and Hotchkiss brackets. I actually ended up making them slightly longer to use the stiffer setting, because when I had them short the angle was very acute and the bar was close to the axle.
In Picture - White Ultra Racing Lower Front and Lower Rear arm bars, Dark Blue H&R Springs, Light Blue C/S Swaybar (stiffest, hopefully these $300 links don't break..), and red Auto EXE links. Hotckiss brackets not visible.
swxFHfd.jpg

fVmWI22.jpg

Next item, going to grab the Mazda 6 adjustable camber arm and have it modified so I can use it.. I need to fix the camber before I buy new tires.

Nice job Chris.
I'm done with the audio on my car, except some minor tweaking.
I will have to concentrate on the springs, camber and wheels.
I will have to remove remove the camber arm and do some measurements. I'm thinking about plugging in the existing holes and drill new hole off center.
I have to see the bushing, to see how much room is there to do this.
If it's possible, I would do both ends. It won't be adjustable.

Nice job Chris.
I'm done with the audio on my car, except some minor tweaking.
I will have to concentrate on the springs, camber and wheels.
I will have to remove remove the camber arm and do some measurements. I'm thinking about plugging in the existing holes and drill new hole off center.
I have to see the bushing, to see how much room is there to do this.
If it's possible, I would do both ends. It won't be adjustable.
Good luck. I just hope I can find a machine shop local that will not charge an arm and leg to extend the bushing out.

Any updates ? Need more peeps modding

Yes im probably going to have the end link middle changed. Ocassional clink even on soft at full length. I think its partly b/c the cs bar is not was wide as stock. I probably should re-examine the bracket mount too, I may need to add a shim or something under it., or it may be loose.

Last edited:
In the next couple of days, I will machine out the Audi wheels hub bores. Wheels are with me in the shop, I just need time.

Last edited:
Back