MSP sway bar end links

psychoMP5

I recently got a set of Tociko struts, racing beat springs and racing beat rear sway bar. This was the factory MSP setup. I am putting them on an 02 MP5. I know this should be about an inch drop all around for my car. When I purchased them the guy selling them told me I would need to buy new end links all around. When I started looking for new parts, i discovered that there are multiple lengths for the rear links for the MP5 as well as the MSP. For the front I have been told to get a set of links from the ford escape, they all seem to be the same length.
I would like to know what length i need for the rear as well as the front. I plan to purchase the parts from RockAuto.
Swift response would be most appreciated!

you want to get adjustable ones from awr. dunno the part number but adjustable links for any third gen protege. the rear end will prob stick up a little bit on msp struts but still a little lower than stock.

that muscle car lean is fine with me. I read somewhere that those adjustable ones require constant adjustment and tightening. Also that they are far more expensive than standard end links haha. Can i search for adjustable ones for my car or would I have to shop for a different model.

you can make them from mcmaster carr parts. there is a thread about that if you search. any adjustable link will have a similar design. the ones with turnbuckle bodies will be much easier to adjust than the homebrew though. constant adjustment might mean every other month.. depends what your using your car for.

daily driver, sometimes i romp on it but not often. autocross once a month, though not every month. guess ill do some searching and post links to what i have found.

Will these work? The front says it is 10inch. i know thats the length of my stock ones. Since the springs are shorter, shouldnt i get longer links? i suppose i should look for the end links for the MSP?
Adjustable End Links

fronts have to be 12ish, rears 7-8ish ifirc. thats on an msp. or sedan. not sure if the p5 is different.

Well it's factory msp Springs/struts and rear sway going onto an mp5. That's why this whole thing is confusing the heck out of me. My stock links are 10 front 6.5 rear.

But like I said, these Springs will give me about an inch drop, meaning they are shorter. Would assume that means the links have farther to go.

I would just install everything first... Then measure the length of your stock endlinks and see if you need more or less length... Then you will you know forsure

definitely need longer links. best to buy adjustables. they not that expensive. i did the homebrew and they work alright, but i never adjust them

install then measure would sure lengthen the process. plus im gonna have to destroy my current rusted end links to get them off. so i would be out a car for a week or 2 until the new parts get in. not really an option in my case. I spose i will just purchase some and see what the deal is. Have been told stock MP5 links on the back will be fine. ill go with the longer ones, then get those ford escape ones for the front.

You can use the Escape endlinks, I have them on my MSP. If you search for the links the correct MSP/MP3 endlinks will say "with MPS2 suspension", the 'sport suspension' is the ES/P5 stock setup.

Ok so this is what i am going to get. All the adjustable ones i could find were not cheap.

02 MP5
MOOG # K80869 {#826R28170, B26R28170, BJOE28170}
Rear; Except Sport Suspension; Length 7.5"

02 Ford Escape
MOOG # K80104 {#EC0134150A, YL8Z5K483AA} Problem Solver
Front; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

I cannot for the life of me find the length of those escape links for the front. I do know that my stock ones are 10inch so i am hoping that these will be a little longer.
Any issues? If not I am going to get this expressed here. Really wanna get this suspension on.

7.5 shouod ve fine for the rear. Worst case the front swaybar can float freely if you got the wrong ones. You have a front bar I assume? P5 didn't stock I don't think.

I wouldn't have end links if I didn't have a sway bar on the front right? I know I have links up there that are 10 inches. Pretty sure the P5 comes with piddly little sways all around.

Back