Strange squeak from front left

Hi all,

I replaced my brakes (August) and haven't driven too much on them, never pressed the brakes hard in bad conditions though. (Rain, puddles, etc.)

Recently, I experienced a squeaking noise under various conditions:

- If I move slowly after holding the brakes at a standstill, there is a squeak related to the wheel rotation from the front left, where once every revolution of the wheel you would hear a squeak. slightly hitting the brakes once usually removes the issue until I make a full stop.

- If I am coming to a stop and am not too hard on the brakes after a few seconds there is a loud screech as if my pads were completely worn and Its just metal on metal rubbing, this sound is completely gone when I let off the brakes and re-apply.

Am I facing a lazy caliper?

Any ideas?

Check your dust shields,.. they could be rubbing,...

Some people use high heat silicone on the backs of the pads to help stop noise,... (kinda "glue" them in place).

Did you lube the caliper pins? Or but yet do you know the last time they were lubed?

i had that issue and it was my dust shield, i had bent it just slightly while installing the new pads and did not realize it until the noise appeared, i bent it back and problem solved, yours is probably the shield as well

That might be the reason at slow speeds, but i noticed as I slow down to a stop both front brakes squeak pretty loud, If I let off the brakes the sound goes away.

Back