High Mileage CX-5s - report in

Here's another with no problems at 53,000 miles on a 2014 FWD Touring CX5.

Upgrades include:
Second Skin Damplifer to all 5 doors and floor pan from front seats to hatch.
Audio Controls DQ-61, and upgraded speakers with amps + JL Audio W3V3 8" micro sub. 460 continuous watts of clean power, 920 peak.
Weather Tech floor mats and cargo liner.
Clear bra hood protector.
Custom made door ding protectors.
Everything else Mazda got right.

Hey V8, was the Second Skin Damplifer hard to install and does it have a chemical smell to it?

I'm at 86,000 miles. Purchased Spring 2012. Anybody hit 100k yet?

The only problem I've had is the manual transmission blew up this past October. I don't know if it was a bad syncro caused by the few hard mis-shifts or not. It was out of warranty and I was in the middle of a business trip and didn't have time to figure it out.

Other than that, rear brakes, tires and oil is all that it has needed. I'm still averaging 30mpg with cargo boxes and bike rack all the time.

I'm at 86,000 miles. Purchased Spring 2012. Anybody hit 100k yet?

The only problem I've had is the manual transmission blew up this past October. I don't know if it was a bad syncro caused by the few hard mis-shifts or not.

ouch! what blew up in there? how bad was the repair?

ouch! what blew up in there? how bad was the repair?

As noted, I don't know the actual cause. It was replaced with a one from a wreck. Same warranty as a factory rebuilt one for $1000 less and actually available. The transmission had been making whining noises that got gradually louder and I knew I needed to get it checked. Came off the highway after a 3 hour drive and it sounded like there was gravel when it was in gear. BAD! It could've been a bearing but significant metal came out when the oil was drained.

Clutch was still in good shape, throwout bearing felt sloppy though.

86k miles on my 2013 sport with manual. No major problems at all and only a couple minor ones. I have a tpms light on, but that came on after I had aftermarket springs and wheels put on. It's most likely just a bad connection, but I've never tried to fix it. I have the driver side mirror shake, but it's minor enough that I don't even notice it most days. The fairly weak windshield is the biggest problem I've had.

checking in after 3 CX-5 and a total of 97000KM
Nothing major!
First one 2013 GS:
- Minor mirror vibration TSB
- Minor hood shaking TSB
- Dripping stain running down the door from side mirror (rusted bolt) --> cannot remember if a TSB exist for that
- Oil leak from transfert case --> cannot remember if it was a TSB or mechanic that spot the problem.
- Foggy rear camera (humidity problem) TSB

Second 2014 GT w/tech fully loaded
- PCM Recall
- Foggy rear camera (humidity problem) TSB
- Oil leak from transfert case - Mechanic report the problem. anyone saw a TSB for that?
- Rear Breaks gone at 30000KM

Third 2016 GT w/tech fully loaded
- nothing so far!

Cons:
- Very thin paint, get whole car front protection if you can afford it (at least front bumper and hood)
- Windshield easily blasted by winter road abrasive (tailgating or not make no difference)

I'm not cranking out tons of miles on our CX-5 - closing the gap on 60K. But, had it over 4 years now, and it's never been to a Mazda dealership. That's pretty telling I think.
Sure, there's a recall or two. However, I've never really experienced any of the associated anomalies to justify any repairs. Yes, the hood wobbles. Yes, the side mirrors vibrate. Doesn't bother me and never has. It's a great vehicle and I intend to keep it for several more years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

40,000 or so miles on the wife's 2015 touring, we got it 7/14/2014, doesn't burn oil, tail pipes just now starting to get black soot, about to make its first trip to the dealership tomorrow for filler pipe recall.

2014 GT AWD, took delivery Feb 18, 2013, 122,000 miles. Been great so far, just tires, brakes and regular maint. Big question when to replace the belts.

2014 GT AWD, took delivery Feb 18, 2013, 122,000 miles. Been great so far, just tires, brakes and regular maint. Big question when to replace the belts.

what kind of climate do you live in?

Inspect them, if cracked or frayed on the inside replace. If not I would hold off as age as well as miles matter. You could buy a new set and put them in the trunk just in case until you decide to replace them.

Clocked over 74000 in our '14 Touring w/ Tech yesterday.

Did a transmission fluid change at the dealer at 60K. No issues with transmission.

Gone through two sets of rotors and pads in the back (changing second set out this coming week).
Warped front rotors need to be replaced.

Replaced original tires with Continental CrossContact LX20s two weeks ago. (original Geolandar garbage had 40K at most, we winter swap in New Hampshire)

Hey guys! I'm looking at buying a 2013 CX5 GS (Touring) with 110,000miles on it for $13k (cdn). Is there any other high milers that can chime in on what the maintenance has been like? Thanks!

Hi,
I would also like to ask to owners with high mileage, other than the regular maintenance, what items did you replace? (water pump?, Fuel Filter?, Transmission solenoid? Engine mount? etc.) Please let us know if these are replaced at what mileage.

Back