Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: High Mileage CX-5s - report in

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Yeah you definitely want to check your serpentine belt, and the tensioner. The second water pump belt usually lasts longer.

I*d do the ATF drain-and-fill and filter cartridge replacement (definitely put the new one on the last if you do 3X) ASAP at 100K miles.

What kind of tires do you have which last about 46K miles?
    Sumitomo HTR Enhance in stock 17" size. They're okay. I didn't realize until after buying them that they're much heavier than some of the other options out there.
    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 370K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 96K miles, the family hauler
    2000 Mazda Miata LS - 155K miles, the corner carving machine!

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow High Mileage CX-5s - report in

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Sumitomo HTR Enhance in stock 17" size. They're okay. I didn't realize until after buying them that they're much heavier than some of the other options out there.
    Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX2 225/65R17 102H is 28 lbs which is average on weight like most others to me. UTQG 700 A A but lasts only 46K miles which is a little surprise to me though.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

I never said they only last 46K miles. I have 46K on the tires currently, with probably 4/32 tread left. So I might get 55K out of them, maybe 60K if we're lucky. Either way we'll be getting new tires this next year.

Probably go with the General Altimax RT43 H-rated this time around. Should save 15 to 16 pounds of unsprung weight. And DTD and TireRack are both the exact same price with free shipping, but I'll probably check with the local Discount Tire store, since they have the Hunter road-force balancing machine.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    I never said they only last 46K miles. I have 46K on the tires currently, with probably 4/32 tread left. So I might get 55K out of them, maybe 60K if we're lucky. Either way we'll be getting new tires this next year.

Probably go with the General Altimax RT43 H-rated this time around. Should save 15 to 16 pounds of unsprung weight. And DTD and TireRack are both the exact same price with free shipping, but I'll probably check with the local Discount Tire store, since they have the Hunter road-force balancing machine.
    Not to mention free tire rotations/balance and repairs.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow High Mileage CX-5s - report in

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    Not to mention free tire rotations/balance and repairs.
    I like Discount Tire Store too and have been getting my new tires from them for past 30+ years. If Costco price is lower, they always match the price for me. And I can get any tires I want, including Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tires matching Walmart's sale price for $85 each. Yes their Hunter tire mounting and balancing machines are better than Costco's, and that's why I choose Discount Tire Store over Costco.

The other good thing getting the new tires from Discount Tire is they provide nationwide service. I took my Honda CR-V to San Jose, and still get tire rotation, balance and repair for free from local America's Tire.

Wife's CX-5 had flat 3 times so far (the last two was within a week), she took the CX-5 to Discount Tire for repair and they didn't charge her even though the tires are factory Toyo's.

But I wouldn't say those tire rotation, balance and repair are actually free. We paid for them which are included in $20 installation fee when we bought the new tires from them.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122