2005 & 2006 Mazda 6S (?) Integrated Fog Lamps

Neo Fender

:
2005 & 2006 Mazda 6S
First: I own a 2005 & 2006 I assume they are both S models, my assumption being 6i = 4 cyl, 6s = V6 and the Grand Touring models have 18 wheels. Both of my cars have the 3.0L V6 and the same five spoke 17 alloy wheels. For what its worth, my 05 is like the one in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohusAlqSxvA

Second: Im thinking both cars have fog lamps but neither light is working in either of the two cars. The headlight assembly appears to have bulbs between the high beam and the turn signal lamps. Also, both cars have the ring-shaped switch next to the regular headlight switch so to sum things up, I believe both cars have integrated fog lamps. Please correct me if I am mistaken. I understand the fog lights turn off when the high beams are on.

Third: getting the lights to work. I believe the fog lights have a dedicated fuse which I havent checked but will. If this fuse is blown in either car, it would be an indication of a greater problem so for the sake of discussion, lets assume the fuses are good in both cars and the all four bulbs (two cars, two bulbs) are bad.

With regard to replacing the headlights and fog lights, heres what the owners manual states: Due to the complexity and difficulty of the procedure, the bulbs should be replaced by an Authorized Mazda Dealer. I dont consider this a reasonable option so I checked the infinite knowledge available on the internet and Ive seen some suggestions where the inner fender well is removed. Ive also read in various placed where it was stated that removing the bumper only takes about 15 minutes and provides better access. I would like to hear from anyone that can shed light on this.

Finally: Theres a low wattage bulb in the upper outer edge of the high beam reflector. Is this a daytime running light, overnight parking light or ?

Thank you.

Back