Squeak from rear suspension

raul_gianino

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I have a set of bc br coilovers. Very happy with the buy. I put them in and after a month or 2 of driving at the height they came with it was time to adjust the height.

I dropped the front completely , it won't go any lower.

However when it comes to the back , I couldn't max it out because if not I hit the e brake line. So I adjusted it to not sit on the line. But Everytime I go over speed bumps or drive at low speeds it sounds like it's squeaking. I've checked everything possible , re torqued everything , made sure all rings and nice and tight but still can't find the noise. I read online it could be the sway bar but I honestly don't know where to look or what to look for.

Any help ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the rear sway bar bushings. They probably need some grease. Very easy to do:

Loosen the the bolts to the u-brackets; take the bushings out and grease them up with some lithium grease; re-install.

Pic for reference:

picture001%20013small.jpg

ff1c3525-7db2-4913-8d84-78344091e835.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I will do it when I get home. I also noticed that my sway bar (atleast that's what I think it is) is resting on another bar. Not sure if this has anything to do with this, but I will do what you said and keep this updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its resting on one of your lateral links. Ive had this happen when i accidentally got the longer sedan swaybar links. It did make some noise. You probably need adjustable end links and your current links are probably bent too.

Back