2005 Mazda 6 - AuxMod install - LCD dead - bezel damaged - Bose or not Bose?

radiohaaalp

:
2005 Mazda 6
So... I was installing the AuxMod on my girlfriend's car, and when I was removing the deck, I scratched the circuit board on the radio face/bezel, right next to the connector that goes to the LCD screen. Now my LCD doesn't work...

I know that the LCD itself goes out pretty often, but I am 95% sure that I damaged the bezel/face circuit board, not the LCD itself.

I have a few questions:

1. Where can I get just the bezel? Her stereo face has the FM1/2, AM, CD, SAT, TAPE configuration, so I need a bezel that matches.
2. If I can't buy just the bezel, I can replace the whole bezel/radio unit. However, I don't know if she has the BOSE stereo or not. She has a 6 disc changer, but I don't see the word "BOSE" anywhere. How do I know if it is a BOSE?
3. If she has the BOSE stereo, can I put a non-BOSE bezel/radio/changer unit into her car? Will it plug to the same speaker connectors?

I really don't want to purchase the wrong parts from a junkyard... Please haaalp!!

Id try posting a WTB. (Want to buy) Either here, or over on 6crew.com and Mazda6club.com. Or even the Mazda6 Facebook pages as there probably the most commonly used anymore. TONS of members have uninstalled there factory decks, so something like that should be extremely easy to source

Back