New 2015 CX5

I'm looking to get a 2015 CX-5 Touring as well. Another user warned of Spiders?! Do you guys have any problems with that?

Thanks so much!

One thing the 2015 CX5 has retained is that stupid clock that looks like an LED watch from the 70's, and if you're wearing polarized sunglasses you can hardly read it anyways.

I noticed that 80's looking led clock as was like what barrel of extra parts did that come from? Maybe the rx7?

I just lowered it, put the ultra racing bars on, and c/s rear sway today. they all fit no problem. It seems the newer cx-5's have a modified body panel under the rear subframe; there is now a little bit extra room between the sway bar and the chassis (I could actually fit my socket in there pretty easily with the subframe lowered)....Just need to get an alignment Monday. Actually seems sportier with the new minor changes in the suspension, so much more fun to drive now.

Just third hand info but I think it was like $150. That was mentioned on some review I watched.

Just third hand info but I think it was like $150. That was mentioned on some review I watched.

Ok, and if I remember correctly the price increase from 2013 -> 2014 (for GT's) was about $1100, that's the year with most significant change being the engine change to 2.5L.

My second tank results; 264.9 miles - 10.65 gal - 24.9 mpg - Probably 95% city driving. The average mpg on the dash display was not spot on, but very close at 24.8 versus gas pump math of 24.9. There must have been some changes somewhere in the dash fuel usage gauge for it to be so close. My 2013 was never, ever this spot on. Of course it is only two tankfuls.

My second tank results; 264.9 miles - 10.65 gal - 24.9 mpg - Probably 95% city driving. The average mpg on the dash display was not spot on, but very close at 24.8 versus gas pump math of 24.9. There must have been some changes somewhere in the dash fuel usage gauge for it to be so close. My 2013 was never, ever this spot on. Of course it is only two tankfuls.

The variation between your manual calculation and the Trip Computer is primarily caused by the inaccuracy of the figure provided by your manual calculations which relies upon filling to the exact same level each fill as well as the calibration of the pump. The trip computer knows how much fuel the engine has burned based on variables that have more accuracy than the combined inaccuracies of the fill level and pump calibration inaccuracies.

I know this from analysis of my fill records. Most of the variation averages out from tank to tank leading to the unavoidable conclusion that varying fill levels are the primary culprit.

Are the 2014's radio unit issues prevalent in 2015 as well?

Yes, my thumb drive will never resume on the track it was playing. I must use Mazda's laboriously slow search, and it will not play my Ipod Classic at all, it just says Ipod error. It's a wonder that they haven't screwed up the CD player somehow. My Ipod played well on my 2013 CX-5, and everywhere else I use it, but not on this 2015 Mazda. Very infuriating. I wonder what they will screw up on the 2016 model.

The variation between your manual calculation and the Trip Computer is primarily caused by the inaccuracy of the figure provided by your manual calculations which relies upon filling to the exact same level each fill as well as the calibration of the pump. The trip computer knows how much fuel the engine has burned based on variables that have more accuracy than the combined inaccuracies of the fill level and pump calibration inaccuracies.

I know this from analysis of my fill records. Most of the variation averages out from tank to tank leading to the unavoidable conclusion that varying fill levels are the primary culprit.

On my 2015 with 3700 miles on it my pump calc = 28.2, the trip computer averages out to 27.7 for the same distance. Really that's not enough to worry about. If the radio is any indication of the car's instrument quality, I would trust my figures better anyways.

Got a new Touring on Monday 9/15. Turned in my 2013 Touring. Some thoughts. They have moved the advanced door locking system from the GT down to the Touring. Very handy. The shifter has done away with all the gates, it is now just a straight shot from Park back to Drive, with the manual off to the bottom left as before. It has the newer type of turn lights on the mirrors. Some one remarked that it would be nice now to be able to see the indicators from inside the car. Well not really, unless you have them folded against the side windows. Ah, the power, very nice. I never had a problem with the 155 hp one, but this is decidedly better. Of course among my vehicles have been a 1982 Jetta diesel with 52 hp, a 1985 Jetta Turbo Diesel with 68 hp, and a 2005 Golf TDI with 90 hp, so 155 hp always seemed like plenty, but you can never have enough hp, right. The suspension seems to take bumps a lot smoother, and quieter than before. The radio sound is better, at least to my ears. I went from the Ice Blue Mica to Blue Reflex Mica, which to me has kind of a bluish shale look about it. My 2013 had a lifetime average over 28,000 miles of 29.0 mpg, so it'll be interesting to see how this one does. The 29 mpg figure was based on 98 fill-ups. All in all I am very pleased with the 2015.

Cheers, Paul S
Is there less wind noise from the "new style mirrors" than the old ones on the 2013? I have a 2014 with old style mirrors I am thinking of replacing.

I just changed a 2013gtawd for 2015gtawd myself yesterday.. The engine sounds b (esp) with the c/s exhaust on and performs much better, very worth imo

Is there less wind noise from the 2015s "new style mirrors vs. the 2013s? I have a 2014 and am considering getting new style mirrors with turn signal on front.

Back