Sooo...anyone RallyCross?

cealer

:
'02 Mazda Protege5
I'm thoroughly enjoying doing RallyCross in my Protege5. Wanted to reach out and see if there were others on here not afraid to get their ride dirty. For the those just curious, the car does really well locally. First in nearly every regional event I attend, placed second in the South East division. About to make the trek out to nationals, will let you all know how it does on a national level after that, lol.

I'll go ahead and throw in a picture, haha

14767350248_f4c81f0306_z_d.jpg

My P5 had a pretty rough life until I bought it. Lacking in regular maintenance, was wrecked...a couple of times. I take care of it though, mechanically that is, but frankly I'm not afraid to thrash it around. After it was wrecked once, the best I can say about it is that it wasn't put back together well. So, as a result, I have a problem with loosing bumpers, lol. Just wanted to through that in there for the eagle eyed readers out there that noticed my missing bumper in that shot.

So, with that, anyone else out there that are into this sort of thing? I'll even take autocrossers, lol

I tried driving on a sandy beach this summer. It did not go well :p I think there's some pavement next to my house that's particularly bumpy - that's as rough as I've taken my rust bucket.

I drive on gravel roads and do some handbrake turns every now and then. thats about it. (Dead end roads with no one on them of course).

Looks like fun. But, I'd want a car that I could beat up (aesthetically) and not worry about it.

I haven't autocrossed since I sold my 323GT back in 1995. I am tempted to take the P5 out next summer if I can sneak it away from my Daughter for a day.

Last edited:
Doing a MSP swap on my P5 and autocrossing it next season. Until then I do a lot of gravol roads ebrake turns etc. My car too was a wreck at one point and has been repaired pretty badly. Dealer didn't tell me this I figured it out for my self.

Back