GPS features removed from INFOTAINMENT system by Mazda

fotograzio

:
2014 Maz
If you are in the market for a 2014 or 2015 Mazda 3 that's equipped with the INFOTAINMENT system, BE FORWARNED. Mazda disabled the local search, wifi, and wifi-tethering options on the system for the GPS. \

Basically, you are now left with a GPS that's less functional than a $100 GARMIN at NOMORERACK.com. This was a super stupid move in my opinion. There is no way to get updated traffic or weather on the GPS and you can no longer hotspot tether your phone to get this data into the GPS for free as you once could.

Owners and the Mazda dealerships had no idea what happened or why. I found out after getting an oil change and software upgrade to my 2014 Mazda3 i grand touring. I only found out what happened by contacting MAZDA CONNECT by phone. If these feature are important to you, you might want to wait until MAZDA figures out what the heck they want to do.

Local search disabled? Those are POIs. I doubt that would be disabled. I agree the other features like wifi are useless in the 3. If you want to listen to Pandora, you might as well connect an Aux cable and listen that way or via bluetooth to your car. FWIW, when going on a long road trip, I ALWAYS bring my Garmin with updated maps and Clear Channel or Navteq traffic.

Totally agree. I just got a 2015 Mazda 3 with Mazda Connect v31.00.100. It doesn't have wifi tethering, and the Navteq navigation looks like a work in progress. Hopefully there will be updates that fix all this. Love the car, though!

Back