No smoke show after Seafoam

Bebotech

:
2002 MP5
Like the title says, I just did the Seafoam treatment to my P5. Divided the bottle in three separate doses for the car, one part for the oil, one part for the gas tank and the rest on the brake booster line. As soon as I finished pouring into the vacuum line I quickly turned the car off. Waited 15min and when I turned it back on, no smoke came out the muffler or anywhere. Can someone tell me what happened?

I'm certainly no Seafoam expert but I have always heard of people just introducing product to car vacuum line while it is running. I have never heard of anyone turning car off like this when applying treatment. Were you advised somewhere to turn off car after putting product in vacuum line?

I turned the car off after the treatment was poured into the vacuum line not before introducing the product.

Last edited:
mine does not always smoke when i put the seafoam through. you are supposed to do it through the vacuum lines after car has warmed up and then let it sit for about 10-20 mins then fire it up and drive if you do it while the engine is not warmed up it may not smoke

if it was done while the engine was already warmed up yes it will, no smoke means you most likely did not have a ton of carbon build up which is a good thing

Back