2014 headlight adjustment

jck139

:
Mazda5
Don't know exactly where to post this question but I can't seem to find the leveling (adjustment) screws for the low beams on my 2014. Any help or pics would be great!

I only have experience aiming my 2010 HID headlights on a vertical axis, so the info may not be 100% correct as far as the horizontal aiming goes. From all of the pics I've seen, the back of the MZ5 '09-'10 headlights look the same as the '12-'14 ones. I'm also drawing from experience from when I used to mess with my MS3 headlights (baking them open to switch out projectors and other exploratory things). I'm assuming you're wanting to adjust the beam vertically?

NOTE: Both pics below are of passenger side units

If you have an HID unit, you'll need a 5mm socket or wrench. You need to turn the plastic tan hexagon adjusting screw (located in the 7 o'clock position to the HID bulb socket). Counterclockwise adjusts the beam up; clockwise for down. If you need to adjust the beam horizontally, you'll most likely have to remove the headlight as the adjustment screw is hard to get to. It is located behind the nylon cap/cover (1 o'clock position). To take the cap/cover off, you'll need to use a set of needle nose pliers to pull/pry the cover off - use the three open slots as leverage. The cap will be marred up, but you should still be able to snap it back in to place if you're careful during the removal process. I can't recall what size bolt/screw is behind there, but I'm guessing a 8mm or 10mm?

$_57.JPG

If you have a halogen unit, it's basically the same, but the vertical aiming screw looks different. The vertical beam isn't adjusted with a tan hexagon screw; just a regular screw. Probably a 8mm or 10mm socket will do...and the same should apply to adjust (counterclockwise to aim up; and clockwise to aim down). Horizontal aim will require access to the screw behind the nylon cap as well.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Back