Windshield washer sprayer tubing

johnnybeltway

:
'10
I need some help. My wife's 2009 5 was in an accident and the hood was replaced. It appears that the tubing that connect to the sprayers gets pinched when the hood closes and no fluid comes out. When the hood is up it works. I just think they just hooked it to the wrong spot. I have basically unhooked the tubing from a mount on the hood arm to get it to not pinch and still work. I have attached a picture of how it looks when attached as well as when it is hanging loose. Can some other 6 owners possible look under the hood to see how theirs are clipped up for me? While I have fixed the issue I would like it to be secured rather than swinging free. Thanks in advance.

e173bb57433549bec851bf6055f1e826.jpg
410490164782a90f1ddd40803840e35d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just checked the routing on my 07. On mine the hose comes from behind the fender and up the outside of the hindge. It looks like the body shop forgot to rout it before puting the fender on then got lazy doing it later.

I would take it back to them and have them sort it out... The correct routing is in the service manual. I can't send you a picture because I'm at work and the firewalls won't allow it.

Like Donewood said, it should run behind that fender brace and then clip on the other side of the hinge bracket. Not the side they clipped it to.

Thanks guys. I apologize for not responding sooner. I was not receiving alerts from the app. Is the service manual available online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be as simple as pulling the hose off the white fitting, passing it under the brace and then reconnecting it. Clip it in to the outboard side of the hinge. This allows the excess fall down in the fender well instead of pinched under the closed hood.

Latest posts

Back