Administrator
Hot off the press from Mazda!

wp01_pc01.jpg

wp02_pc01.jpg

wp03_pc01.jpg

wp04_pc01.jpg

wp05_pc01.jpg

wp06_pc01.jpg

I am sure it will be a great car, just confused about a few decisions. So I will wait to reserve any judgement until I have driven one. :)

Love:

Aftermarket Influences - The wheels themselves and then the color, gunmetal. It's 4 inches lower, has a wider stance. Aggressive fenders. Black side mirrors, black front window cross bar, black side and front lips. The tire size and look. All very much seem to be aftermarket inspired. I'd be happy just lowering this thing and I'm done. Almost.

Interior -Best Miata interior to date, by far. Way more upscale yet simple good design. Would prefer touch screen to be able to hide away though.

Design - Over all much more aggressive look. Looks like a small badass roadster now. Especially modified.

Iffy On:

I was iffy on the small headlight and tail lights but then realized that they might have made them small to get away from the big eyed cute look that the Miata tends to have. After seeing some rolling shot on YouTube from Leguna Seca and all the numerous Photoshops already out there I'm no longer iffy. I'm 100%.

Hate:

One Sided Exhaust Tips - Why are auto manufacturers still creating cars with exhaust tips only on one side? It's an incomplete and uneven design practice. It needs to stop. Either create a lightweight exhaust with tips for the left and right or hide the exhaust tips all together. Hiding the tips would give it a clean, symmetrical look. Hopefully the sportiest version has a dual exhaust on both sides or a center dual exhaust.

Aerial Antenna - Seriously? Is this 1999? Put a shark antenna on the damn trunk and call it a day.

Am i crazy? I'm a designer so I see this and I hate it.

Last edited:
Way too bad that we have a much-loved '04 S2000 with 17K. Buy it in a heartbeat.

Back