Local Dealer Dropping Mazda

:
Mazda 3iT 2012
Well, I'm a little bummed out. The local dealer where I bought my M3 is dropping Mazda, only handling another brand that I won't mention. So now it's an hour drive or more to the nearest dealer - quite a deconvenience. There goes my dream of owning a red Miata. And there goes Mazda's dream of selling me another car or three over my expected remaining lifetime. Who knows, maybe another nearby dealer will take them up, they are always shuffling things around. If not, I get to drive my M3 into the ground, then I may be stuck with Detroit fodder (sigh).
- Rick in NW Ohio

I would definitely drive an hour for certain types of services at a Mazda dealership. For simple maintenance, you can bring your car to a trusted local shop (if you don't do that stuff, yourself). I mean, really, how often would you have to drive to the dealership, otherwise? The dealerships are trying to generate more profit by automatically scheduling service, but you don't need to go there, as long as you keep receipts for maintenance work and materials.

I would definitely drive an hour for certain types of services at a Mazda dealership. For simple maintenance, you can bring your car to a trusted local shop (if you don't do that stuff, yourself). I mean, really, how often would you have to drive to the dealership, otherwise? The dealerships are trying to generate more profit by automatically scheduling service, but you don't need to go there, as long as you keep receipts for maintenance work and materials.

I live just over an hour from the two nearest Mazda dealers. I've owned at least one (and now two) Mazdas since December 2005 and it has never really been a problem. I have a mechanic located about 20 miles away who specializes in Japanese vehicles and has always done an excellent job with service and the occasional repair. The one time I had a (major) warranty claim back in 2008, I gave the dealership all of my receipts and they replaced my engine!

Back