New Moog P5 End Links

mp5la

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
Just an FYI for everyone, the new protege 5 Moog end links are substantially improved over the old design. The Escape end links i put on less than six months ago have already failed and were clunking. The new P5 links are beefier than the Escape links they're replacing, and didn't use any allen key whatsoever. They have a built in wrench point behind the nut to hold them still for tightening.

The escape links haven't held up well at all. They were making a knocking sound over the slightest bump for the past two months and had little resistance in the joint when I removed them this morning. They were the Raybestos premium brand.

Where can we get these Moog endlinks? Just put coilivers on my P5 and I'm looking to replace my endlinks. I'd like to get adjustable links on the front, to avoid future problems when changing ride height, but the rears should work just fine if they're fixed length.

The ones I used are for the fronts. I'm running AWR adjustables in the rear, so I can't say if the rear Moog parts are updated. I ordered the fronts on rock auto.

I replace one of my rear endlinks with a Moog about a month ago. Mine may be an older design but my grease fittings don't have the 90 degree bend like the ones shown in the link...the 90 degree bend makes them easier to maintain because my grease gun has a rigid hose.

The end link is really sturdy as mentioned previously and really I like the design doing away with having use an allen wrench. My only complaint is the price. I paid over $60 for one at Parts Source because they couldn't find a source with cheaper endlinks.

I have since replaced the other 3 endlinks with $22 ones. Much less sturdy than the Moog, no grease fitting and I had to use a stupid allen key to install them... but they are inexpensive.

Yeah Moog End links are really good there much better then that Duralast crap they sell at Auto zone lol! I have Moog End links on the front and back of my Car they ride perfectly but i still have some Rattling sound even after i put them on and i cant figure out what the heck it is it drives me nuts!

Yeah Moog End links are really good there much better then that Duralast crap they sell at Auto zone lol! I have Moog End links on the front and back of my Car they ride perfectly but i still have some Rattling sound even after i put them on and i cant figure out what the heck it is it drives me nuts!

check your shock mount, sway bar bushing, control arms bushing.

If the sound is present when turning the wheel even while parked, I'd check the strut mounts for a broken bearing. My protege would make a creaking sound when turning the wheel or over uneven pavement. It ended up being both the strut top mount and the endlinks.

Just an FYI for everyone, the new protege 5 Moog end links are substantially improved over the old design. The Escape end links i put on less than six months ago have already failed and were clunking. The new P5 links are beefier than the Escape links they're replacing, and didn't use any allen key whatsoever. They have a built in wrench point behind the nut to hold them still for tightening.

The escape links haven't held up well at all. They were making a knocking sound over the slightest bump for the past two months and had little resistance in the joint when I removed them this morning. They were the Raybestos premium brand.

is the part number in the link the same part number of the links you used?

Back