FOW and MRCC problem

bells

:
2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Has anyone else experienced failure of the FOW and MRCC with their Mazda 6? I have a 2014 Mazda 6 GT and had the cruise control suddenly quit with accompanying warnings appearing about FOW and MRCC needing inspection. Took it into dealer and was told it was just a dirty sensor and they tested it after cleaning the sensor and said it worked fine. It failed again the next day. I took it back into dealer and have now been without the car for 30 days. They are now telling me that the required module to repair it is on back order due to some quality control issue. They are trying to get the module from Japan since they have received several from both the US and Canada and none of them fixed the problem. They did recently take the part out of a new 2015 Mazda 6 on their lot and they said it fixed the problem.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced the FOW and MRCC failure and how long it took to get it fixed? I was provided a Mazda 3 loaner but really miss my 6.

Is the Lane Departure Warning part of this problem because I have never seen it go off and I have been trying for 8 weeks!

Update: The MRCC did fail when it was covered from snow/ice (from the car in front of me or from the snow/rain mix that was hitting the car). The car did give a warning that the system was not working due to snow/ice. It was fine after I cleaned the front Mazda logo.

The LDWS still has never gone off and I drive it improperly all the time to try to get it to go off. The FOW goes off all the time when I come up on somebody, then switch lanes at the last second. It also went off 3 times with nobody in front of me (and I was going 8 MPH or less each time).

Last edited:
I recently had this same issue. The repair was only a few days. This failure occurred at highway speeds while I was passing a semi......a very scary few seconds.

I have had the same problem with the MRCC warning and the cruise control failing on a longer trip in my mazda 6.

Have had some issues before with failures. However, restarting car or resetting the cruise seemed to fix it. Now the system has completely failed with the warning.

I took it in to the service department and was told the radar unit that is contained in the whole front badge/grille, needs replacing. And I have to pay for it our of my own pocket.

As this failure is only evident to owners that do very long trips I would suspect there are a lot of other owners who probably have the same issue and have not realized it yet.

It is a great car, but faults like these are a little disappointing. If It had completely failed before I would have had it replaced under warranty. Unfortunately it seemed to resolve it's self in the warranty period and now just completely failed a month or so out of warranty and only about half of the km warranty.

I will call Mazda head office about this as it seems some of you have not had to foot the bill for what seems to be a genuine intermittent fault in the cruise control that eventually completely fails.

Thanks for sharing. I hope this thread helps a few others get their car working as it should and not failing due to manufacturers fault/issues.

Anyone else that has this issue should also let us know of they have a spare moment.

Regards

Same problem here. 2014 Mazda 6 GT. Bought it used in 2019 November, 90k miles. In December the FOW/MRCC lights began popping up once in a while. In January 2020 the light were on, but something else went nuts (I thought tranny), so I brought it to the dealership. Mazda dealership in Champaign, IL, found an ignition coil failure and fouled spark plugs. Replaced the coil, spark plugs, $615 with taxes, and off we go. This solved problems for a short while. A month later, I got the FOW warning again....
Guess what - that dealership wants $99 diagnosis fee again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I found this manual. will try to run some codes on the car with blue driver scanner. I see that the new radar sensor is ~$1,200+ for the part. Not even sure if it is worth to replace it at all. The used sensor is harder to find, probably in the $600 range.

part: https://www.zoomzoomnationparts.com...trol-Distance-Sensor/78890090/GHP967XA1F.html

Back