So Stoked(need help/w new mods)

tunedout

Just bought my first Mazda and I couldnt be happier. Its a '02 Blue P5 with just ove 140k kms. Decided to check out this forum to get a few ideas for some upgrades. Not too radical but maybe exhaust/headers a drop in K&N and some new wheels. Unfortunately due to the fact my wife cant drive standard I had to get the automatic but hey still a P5.
Does anybody have any other suggestion of quick mods I can do to get some more Hp? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. [emoji2]

before you do any mods i'd service the car first. New waterpump, tensioners, timing belt, plugs, coils, etc.

as far as aftermarket parts

K&n, Injen, Or simota cold air intake. Personally I'm not a fan of short rams.

OBX, AWR, AutoEXE header

Racingbeat catback exhaust

You really wont see huge gains since the FS doesnt respond too well to NA mods unless extensive work is done. You'll see a better top end while giving up some low end torque. You might see better gas mileage as well depending on how much highway driving you do

If you dont live in a cold area you can do the VTCS delete in the intake manifold and coolant bypass to the throttle body.

I'd invest most of your money into suspension upgrades, these cars are tons of fun to drive in the canyons.

Tokico blue struts with springs of your choice (tein, megan, tanabe, etc)

racingbeat rear swaybar

before you do any mods i'd service the car first. New waterpump, tensioners, timing belt, plugs, coils, etc.

as far as aftermarket parts

K&n, Injen, Or simota cold air intake. Personally I'm not a fan of short rams.

OBX, AWR, AutoEXE header

Racingbeat catback exhaust

You really wont see huge gains since the FS doesnt respond too well to NA mods unless extensive work is done. You'll see a better top end while giving up some low end torque. You might see better gas mileage as well depending on how much highway driving you do

If you dont live in a cold area you can do the VTCS delete in the intake manifold and coolant bypass to the throttle body.

I'd invest most of your money into suspension upgrades, these cars are tons of fun to drive in the canyons.

Tokico blue struts with springs of your choice (tein, megan, tanabe, etc)

racingbeat rear swaybar
Sweet thanks for your help. I'm pretty excited. I live in Vancouver BC so we have got some pretty sweet winding roads nearby.[emoji2]

Brian K pretty much nailed it for ya.
Do the important things first. You will never gain a lot of power on our cars like you want, but you can still have fun. suspension is where its at :p

I would recommend doing in this order, although it doesn't matter at all
TWN short throw shifter... this will be the first thing i do to any future car, if it is standard, no matter the make. huge difference in shifting.
solid motor mounts... AWR, medieval, are a few. i went with 88 duro. much better than stock. there are cheaper alternatives if you do some research
ebay cold air intake with k&n filter - why? because it is cheaper and does the same exact thing. i bought a full k&n typhoon but if i redid it i would just go with ebay pipes. same thing and a lot cheaper
awr rear sway bar with adjustable end links in at least the rear. you can go with 2002 ford escape front endlinks to save a buck
coilovers.. i went with yellowspeed for the price, there are more efficient options though depending on your price range (this is about half of it)
header, midpipe, catback... i went with an OBX header which required a non fouler trick (easy, search for it) with a SLS hi flow catted midpipe, and a racing beat catback. racing beat catbacks are my favorite available for our car... there are tons of options though, msp axleback is similar but will need to be modified in length about 4 inches
brakes, i haven't done this yet, but it will be the next thing i do. unless other zoomier plans come before that
welcome to the club, enjoy your stay :)

^ I second the Yellowspeed coilovers, get them from CR3Morotsports in our GB for only $875/
Also would recommend checking the For Sale section quite frequently as items go on sale all the time that are pretty sweet!

Back