Mazda with brake pedal going to the floor

Thursdaycat

:
Mazda5 mpv
Im new to this site new to forums in general, have a mazda 5 2007 it has had brakes that have had a long carriage for quite a long time. The car still stops but when it went for its MOT it failed due to the pedal traveling to the floor. The garage have tried replacing the pads discs bleeding the system and replacing all the braking fluid but still it has this problem. They were so baffled they asked the local mazda garage who said its air in the brake lines no way it's the master cylinder. It got booked in with the Mazda garage and after checking all the mechanics previous work they said it was the master cylinder. The master cylinder was replaced and this has not cure the problem. Mazda have washed their hands of it and my mechanic is at a lose as to what to try next. I really need my car as I'm disabled and this car is my lifeline. It's been in the garage for over two weeks now. Any suggestions please?

Last edited:
Im new to this site new to forums in general, have a mazda 5 2007 it has had brakes that have had a long carriage for quite a long time. The car still stops but when it went for its MOT it failed due to the pedal traveling to the floor. The garage have tried replacing the pads discs bleeding the system and replacing all the braking fluid but still it has this problem. They were so baffled they asked the local mazda garage who said its air in the brake lines no way it's the master cylinder. It got booked in with the Mazda garage and after checking all the mechanics previous work they said it was the master cylinder. The master cylinder was replaced and this has not cure the problem. Mazda have washed their hands of it and my mechanic is at a lose as to what to try next. I really need my car as I'm disabled and this car is my lifeline. It's been in the garage for over two weeks now. Any suggestions please?
I had this same issue a few years back on my previous MZ5 but replacing the master cylinder with an original Factory Mazda part was the ticket and fixed the issue. Did you replace the master cylinder with a factory Mazda part? If so, try another one and have the dealership exchange it for a new one under parts warranty. If that doesn't fix it then it may be your booster or worse the ABS unit. Good luck!

I had this same issue a few years back on my previous MZ5 but replacing the master cylinder with an original Factory Mazda part was the ticket and fixed the issue. Did you replace the master cylinder with a factory Mazda part? If so, try another one and have the dealership exchange it for a new one under parts warranty. If that doesn't fix it then it may be your booster or worse the ABS unit. Good luck!

They did replace it with a mazda factory part and when it didn't work mazda took it back. I will tell the mechanic what you have said and see what he says. Thanks

Thursdaycat? Is there a Boston in the UK?

The shop that is doing this work...they have proven experience with brakes? I mean, they say they replaced the pads, replaced the fluid, bled the system, replaced the master cylinder...Unless its the ABS unit, there is literally nothing left to replace. I wonder if they are bleeding YOU instead of the brakes.

Thursdaycat? Is there a Boston in the UK?

The shop that is doing this work...they have proven experience with brakes? I mean, they say they replaced the pads, replaced the fluid, bled the system, replaced the master cylinder...Unless its the ABS unit, there is literally nothing left to replace. I wonder if they are bleeding YOU instead of the brakes.

Yes we had a Boston first the pilgrims travelled from here to America and settled naming it Boston.
Yer they've done our other cars brakes before no problems. What gets me we've take it to the mazda dealership because they were after advice to why this problem is happening and they've diagnosed a master cylinder problem. This was then changed and it was still the same. Mazda have admitted that they don't know what's wrong and basically couldn't give a s**t. So we are stuck.

After bleeding, do they need to be bled again after use? Maybe air is getting in through a leak in the line or a connector which will ruin the hydraulic pressure needed to make the brakes work.

Latest posts

Back