Has anyone installed an after-market GPS/Stereo head-unit on their CX-5?

heymrjon

:
Scion
I'm looking into buying a new 2015 CX-5 GT, but my only concern so far is the outdated GPS/Stereo head-unit. Has anyone installed an after-market GPS head-unit?

Pics and a model type would be very helpful. I've already looked on Crutchfield but would like to see photos on a CX-5 to get a better picture. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dc1e1df7ba591d73285edefbea91b750.jpg

36bc0c6f60b4ceca42dfee079835ed53.jpg

How did the backup camera wire in? Is there a prefab harness? Also I assume you set your car settings before you yanked the stock unit since you can't change anything anymore?

Well, everything is explained on the post of RedBaron... No prefab harness, sorry... And "yes" I've set everything on the stock unit before changing it, but... if u think, they are not vital options... U can live without touching them...

Yes!!!
Pioneer AVIC-F60DAB

Sorry to steel your thread heymrjon. I'm planning to install Pioneer AVIC-960 DAB in my CX-5. Fabry1979, does your HMI commander and USD port (under armrest) work with your AVIC-F60 DAB?

Sorry to steel your thread heymrjon. I'm planning to install Pioneer AVIC-960 DAB in my CX-5. Fabry1979, does your HMI commander and USD port (under armrest) work with your AVIC-F60 DAB?

Metra makes a USB adapter harness to retain the factory port. There are wiring schematics to hardware the aux jack as well.

Which is that Metra part number?
I have just installed a Kenwood DNX9990HD.
I'm about to install a side view camera.

Nope. It's actually labeled as a toyota part but many other brands also use the same plug. Part# AX-Toyusb

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Edit. On second look. That should work also. They didn't have one for Mazda when I installed a nav in a 2014. We usually stock a few of these plugs in varying styles since they seem to be interchangeable between manufacturers and metra/axxess aren't great at updating their site.

Last edited:
No, arntko... HMI doesn't work.
Regarding USB port under armrest, I decided to maintain it as chargeable option, but I passed two new USB cables from the aftermarket radio to the same place for the USB connection of phones and hd to the Pioneer...

Back