Does the 2.5L get peppier after the first few thousand miles?

L

L7D4R

I've got a little over 3k on the clock and the 2.5L FEELS like it's got more get up and go now than it did over the first couple of thousand miles of it's life. When it was new, it felt like it had a slight bit of low end lag... up until it hit somewhere around 3,000 rpm's.

Is this a function of the engine having been broken in really well at this point, the car's computer learning my throttle habits or is this just in my head? I don't think I'm driving it any differently than I did when I got it new. Maybe I've subconsciously learned the nuances of the throttle and have started compensating for the lag without even realizing it... who knows?

When I test drove a new CX5 sport compared to the one I had with 28,000 miles on it, the new one felt slow in comparison. I think it's probably all of the above but engine/transmission break in is a real factor.

I got on mine pretty good a couple times today. I am pleased with performance. Good to hear it might even get better.

all engines become peppier and more efficient after they break-in.

I thought so. I bought my CX-5 brand new in April, and now have 12.5k miles on it. The engine has only gotten smoother and peppier.

Jesus, how many 3 year old thread necros there, GJ? That's at least 2 today.

Part of the reason might be the transmission is more adapted to your driving style.

He's a little too late to the game, free bump to this old thread!

Back