Mazda Premacy 2007 battery light on

davidkee

:
mazda
My Premacy battery light firsts turned on for about 5 mins yesterday, i continued to drive without issue and then light turned off by itself. This morning when i started the car and battery light turned on again, after driving abou 2-3 kms, engineers seems to lost powder, difficult to steer the wheel, other lights came on. Turned on emergency light and managed to drive home slowly. It almost stopped on a little uphill and feel the brake is locked. Finally parked on the side of road after about 2 km's driving. Scared! Half an hour later, started the engineer again, no light and car runs smoothly, then I drave home which is about 200m away.
When car is parked on the drive way, started the engine several times, no light and everything seems normal, but not dare to drive it anymore. What is the problem? might need tow to garage though the car is drivable.

It could simply be a problem with your battery, which can be load tested easily by any repair shop. If my experience is any guide, your alternator is failing (or has failed) and will need to be replaced. You can do this yourself with a good socket set and some ramps if you feel up to it.

Back