Wiper column and rear wiper are questions

Black_03 P5

:
Mazda protege5 2003
Hello everyone,

I have been doing research on switching my wiper column switch from the Protege 5 to a 2003-05 mazda 6 wiper column switch and at the same time I wanted to add the cleaner Mazda 6 wagon rear wiper arm. My question is with the new wiper column switch will i still be able to use the rear wiper and will the rear wiper windshield arm form the Mazda 6 wagon work with this setup?

Thanks for any advice or suggestion!!

Here's a link to a "kit" found on OMP that will give you everything you need to convert that rear wiper over. http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=377477&siteid=214264&catalogid=4010 And here is the how-to thread for installation. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123643192-HOW-TO-M6-Wagon-Wiper-on-P5

Guessing you want the stalk to have the intermittent wiper feature? To my knowledge the one from the 6 wagon does not fit/work but you can use them from the MPV (99-up), Tribute or Escape (2000-up). I'm running a Tribute stalk myself and love it. Using any of these three are a direct replacement and will give you the intermittent option in front and maintain the use of the rear wiper. Check your local junkyards and ebay, they can be sourced much cheaper than buying from the dealer. I paid $45 for mine on ebay but others have picked them up for $15!

*edit - Like Hank said, no need to take off the wheel in the link he posted and keep in mind that the switches mentioned in the link are sedan specific. You could use them in the P5 but would lose the rear wiper function.

Hank3 is absolutely right it will work and there is no need to take the steering wheel off. I have done this mod to both of my P5s and it only took me 5mins to do. By the way does anyone know where is the cheapest place to get the MS5 wagon rear wiper arm?

Thank you for the response. So if i go with Mazda6, MPV, or Escape/Tribute stalks I will still have the ability to use the rear wiper? What year for the Escape and Tribute would work?

Here's the link I used to install mine. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?103059-Variable-Intermittent-Wiper-Mod

Hank3 is absolutely right it will work and there is no need to take the steering wheel off. I have done this mod to both of my P5s and it only took me 5mins to do. By the way does anyone know where is the cheapest place to get the MS5 wagon rear wiper arm?

Check the link in my earlier post to OMP. They put together a kit that includes all the parts needed.

Thank you for the response. So if i go with Mazda6, MPV, or Escape/Tribute stalks I will still have the ability to use the rear wiper? What year for the Escape and Tribute would work?

Again, I can't confirm the 6 wagon stalk will work. It appears that the 6 sedan is interchangeable with the Protg sedan so one could assume that the 6 wagon will fit the P5. If you do try the 6 stalk, just remember to source one from a wagon to keep the rear wiper controls. Escape and Tribute are 2000-up model years.

Also are there any other rear wiper arms that would work other then off the 6 wagon?

None that I'm aware of but then again the 6 wagon didn't fit until someone got creative. ;)

I bought the rear wiper arm from the Sedan MS6 and to my luck it does not work. After researching I found a person who told me the wagon wiper arm is a direct fit. Does anyone know where can I find one?

I bought the rear wiper arm from the Sedan MS6 and to my luck it does not work. After researching I found a person who told me the wagon wiper arm is a direct fit. Does anyone know where can I find one?

You mean from a 6 hatch? The USDM MS6 did not come with a rear wiper. Wagon wiper will fit but it's not a direct fit, check out the link in my earlier post for the how-to and again, my link in the same post for the kit that can be purchased from OMP.

Not the hatch I mean the wagon. The hatch has a totally different wiper. I have a wiper arm from a Mazda3 and it looks identical the only thing is that the shaft on the rear wiper motor is too small to hold the wiper arm and I don't know a way to modify it.

???? You said you have a sedan MS6 rear wiper, now it's a Mazda3 wiper???? Again, check out the how-to link in my first post from this thread. In it, you will find that someone else commented that the 3 wiper will not bolt on as it's 12mm vs. 10mm.

I do not mean to create confusion. What I am trying to say since the beginning is that I am looking for an MS6 WAGON REAR WIPER ARM. When I mentioned the MS3 wiper arm was to say that it looks the same but, will not fit. I go on to ask if anyone knows a way to make the ID of the MS3 wiper arm whole a bit smaller to fit and engage on the P5 rear wiper motor shaft. I hope this better to avoid further confusion.

MS3? You mentioned MS6 in your previous posts. (help)

There was never a wagon version of the MS6 (Mazdaspeed6). There was, however, a wagon version of the MZ6 (Mazda6)...and even a hatchback version that had a wiper.

I do not know of there's a way to make whatever it is you have (still unclear as to what it is you have) to fit a P5. Just buy the rear wiper kit that CTt3P5 mentioned previously and be done with it?

I go on to ask if anyone knows a way to make the ID of the MS3 wiper arm whole a bit smaller to fit and engage on the P5 rear wiper motor shaft.
What is MS6 WAGON anyway? Mazdaspeed 6 Wagon? Is there such a thing?

Here is how to get the MS3 arm to work...........throw it the **** away and follow the advice above about getting a MAZDA 6 WAGON REAR WIPER. Parts are $35 from onlinemazdaparts dot com as has been stated. Simple. Follow the how-to linked above and file down the circle donut lip between the arm and the motor, tighten the nut with arm in desired position and behold the beauty.

Same with an intermittent plugnplay stalk that will run the rr wiper.......follow the advice above and get the right MPV or Tribute stalk, bolt it in and be done.

For more fun, go for the Tribute windshield washer nozzles with fan spray instead of pee streams. $14 from same online place. direct fit.

Back