Dead horn?

denim

SSAudio.com
:
2003 Protege5 5-speed / 2005 RX-8 Skinka
Just two days ago, I noticed the horn wouldn't beep when I double clicked the lock button the key fob. It's not the fuses as I swapped them around to check.

There is a tiny beep then I just hear clicking in the fuse box (but again, it's not the fuse). Nothing electronically, was changed or touched on the car recently.

Thoughts on issue? If does barely work for one super quite beep then stop, and the fuses are fine.....

^^^this and how well does the fob work for locking/unlocking the doors? My first thought was the fob battery. If it's making the same noise, or lack thereof, from the steering wheel, I'd check the connectors at the horn. Maybe there is some corrosion or loose connection?

I think your horn is starting to seize up due to age and rust and crap.

If it were me, I'd smack it a few times with a long screwdriver then hose it down with spray lube.

(same thing happened to my GLC,... I got it louder,... spray right inside the horn to loosen up the diaphragm.)

^^^this and how well does the fob work for locking/unlocking the doors? My first thought was the fob battery. If it's making the same noise, or lack thereof, from the steering wheel, I'd check the connectors at the horn. Maybe there is some corrosion or loose connection?

I will get down there this weekend at some point I hope.

I think your horn is starting to seize up due to age and rust and crap.

If it were me, I'd smack it a few times with a long screwdriver then hose it down with spray lube.

(same thing happened to my GLC,... I got it louder,... spray right inside the horn to loosen up the diaphragm.)

Thank you, will try that.

Back