Turbo Confirmation

Taishinto

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I've got a "nice" hum between 2000 and 3000 RPMs confirmed with a stethoscope as my turbo bearing... :(

From my looking around it seems the stock turbo on my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 is a K04--I'm looking for a straight confirmation of this or if it isn't a K04 then what is the stock turbo so I can look around for a replacement.

Also anyone know of any good sites to look at for a stock replacement or good options for a DIRECT BOLT ON (with absolutely no modifications required due to money and time constraints) alternative?

Thanks in advance

Again...I'm looking for confirmation on the model of the stock turbo on my 2006 Speed6 (is it a K04)

I saw somewhere saying it needs to be a K04-15...but in searching I'm finding K04-22...
Are they the same thing is one a better option? I need to get this replaced soon before it actually goes capoot-as it's my dd. But I wanna make sure I get the correct replacement...

The OE K04 is a "K0422-882" or "K0422-881" for the MS6/MS3, and it's a "K0422-582" for the CX-7. Make sure you don't get the -582 one, as it's a smaller compressor and while it will build lots of low-end boost very quickly (quicker than the 881/882), you will have even less power at the top end.

Back