Temp gauge reading hot

ccrbjr

Ok I have a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege and I have read some of the post on here about the gauge when it reads hot to check the wiring and the o2 sensors so I have done all of these things I have replaced both o2 sensors checked the wiring and the fuses and changed the thermostat and replaced the temp sensor and my car is still reading hot and I don't know what else to do my brain is killing me I have scratched my head so much and I'm not getting anywhere and I won't to drive the car because I love driving it
Can any one help please thanks

Last edited:
Must be a short to ground somewhere or a blown main fuse. I know a popped fuse will cause the temp gauge to peg hot.

Ok I have replaced the fuses and checked the wires and it is still reading hot what would be the next thing to do

Ok just finally got to check the fuses with the meter and come to find out that it is the room fuse that has a short some where but I don't know what that all runs for. So if you know what that runs on the car please let me know and thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room fuse is for the interior, runs the radio most electronics inside the car. They pull the room fuse when they ship the cars to keep the battery from draining.

That is the fuse that is causing my car to not start but the fuse doesn't blow anymore but the temp gauge is still saying hot so I'm at a lost do you think I should buy a new fuse panel for the in side of the car or what just let me know thanks

The fuse box isn't the problem, it's not the fuse it's a short somewhere in the wiring harness. Look for damaged wires or cuts in the harness, you will need a voltmeter to track it down.

Ok I will try to do that tonight and I'll let you know how it goes thanks for the help

Mine did the same thing when I had it.. On mine there was a break in the wire harness on the passenger side floor board.. I had gently pulled the harness and grommet into the engine bay including the rubber boot and removed the tape and sorted thru the wires to find it.. Happens especially if you try poke thru the rubber gromment to run power wires, vacuum lines, etc..

I haven't found anything yet I have a friend that is going to look at it next week at his shop so we can figure it out so when we do I'll post on here what happened and how to fix it hopefully it's something easy to fix but I'll check the wires like 757permacy said befor I take it to the my friends shop I'll let you know if that worked to

In my case it ended up being the engine fuse. I didn't catch it at first, because all of the fuses I have in my kick-pannel fuse block are supposed to light up when they blow. This one didn't light up. I went back and checked it today on a hunch, and sure enough, when I pulled it out, I could see the break in the lead. I hooked it up to a 12 volt batter, and it lit up!

Back