NEED HELP! RX-8 engine trouble

harvey1129

:
mazda RX8 2006
ill start off with the fact that i know nothing about the rotary motor I've been a diesel mechanic for about 8 years now but just recently decided to try out the RX8 the other day coming back from work i dropped from 6th gear down to fifth gear and the car completely shut down on my i pulled it off to the side and couldn't even get it to try to start for about 20 min after that it would try but never fully started. the check engine light wash flashing so when i got it towed back home i read the codes it was throwing the codes were: p2004 and p2070 i looked them up and found that my ssv could be stuck open so i pulled it and cleaned it with some carb cleaner and put everything back together hoping that was the problem. when i went to start it back up again it would only stay running if i had my for on the throttle with in 10 min the engine bay was smoldering hot i called a couple mechanics and they said that my catalytic converter may be clogged i gutted the cat (i know i know i don't care right now I'm trying to narrow down the problem) after gutting the cat and putting everything back to gather it still runs very rough doesn't want to idle. my question is what else could it be

miles: 95000
aftermarket parts:
-mishimotto alum radiator
-weapon R intake
-BHR ignition coil kit
- Turbosx cat back ex.

Engine light flashing is misfire. I would suspect something in the ignition. Rx8's had some problems with the igniters, check them.

Back