HTC M8 Bluetooth Connectivity

mazda3toronto

:
Mazda 3 Sport / 2011
Hi Everyone,

First time poster. I am having issues pairing my HTC One M8 with my 2011 Mazda3. When I try to pair it by entering the 4 digit code, it disconnects the pairing process automatically. Apparently a lot of people have been going through this issue. I called Mazda and they said the issue is with the phone. I called HTC and they said Mazda has a different version of bluetooth and there is nothing that can be done about it.

I deleted all other paired phones from Mazda. Cleared the phone. Turned off NFC. Tried the process countless times. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I return the phone and go with Samsung?

Thanks

I had this with my M8 and my 2012 Speed3 and clearing all other phones did it.

Ive had a few issues with it skipping audio, but a reboot of the phone fixes that.
Try this order after deleting all phones:
Shut off the car, Shut off the phone...
Power up the phone, wait till bluetooth turns back on.
Start the car, start scanning for devices via the phone.. then immediately initiate pairing via the car.
Once it sees it and asks for the password, you have to hit enter on the steering wheel.. if you don't it cancels.

Good Luck

My husband has a Mazda 3 he just got but his is a 2014 and his works fine with his HTC One M8.

When I paired my Nokia 925, I found that I HAD to do things in the right sequence. Try Geek's advice. That's probably how I succeeded in getting my phone to pair.

Back