cx9 main screen keep showing (enter MAP DVD)

john0405

:
cx-9
Hello I really need help here, I was taking a look at my friend's new cx9 when I accidentally pressed the menu button followed by couple of touches like next , agree, proceed .. and then I found myself stuck in a window that I can't get rid of saying please enter the MAP DVD. If I press fm/am for example, it switches to fm but the screen won't show the main screen of fm ( like the fav and stuff ) .. non of the buttons switched it, except eject button but when I press fm/am it switches back to this MAP DVD window.. I'm really embarrassed guys please any help would be much appreciated.

This could be several things. First there might not be a map dvd in the dvd reader in the trunk area. Second there might be a dvd, but it might be a secondary map dvd. If this is the case, orginal map dvd or an upgrade dvd is needed to "re-program" the nav unit. Lastly, there could be an issue with the dvd map reader unit itself.

Hello I really need help here, I was taking a look at my friend's new cx9 when I accidentally pressed the menu button followed by couple of touches like next , agree, proceed .. and then I found myself stuck in a window that I can't get rid of saying please enter the MAP DVD. If I press fm/am for example, it switches to fm but the screen won't show the main screen of fm ( like the fav and stuff ) .. non of the buttons switched it, except eject button but when I press fm/am it switches back to this MAP DVD window.. I'm really embarrassed guys please any help would be much appreciated.

Like you deal with a computer.... when in trouble, reboot!
To reboot a system in a car, you need to
1) disconnect the (-) terminal of battery for 30 seconds.
2) reconnect terminal
3) turn the ignition to ACC.
> you will loose the stations settings, might need to reset auto/up/down windows (in owners' manual)
See this works. If not, a dealer is where you should be going to....

Back