Tire recomendations

woot woot

:
Mazda 2
Hey guys my new wheels are arriving soon and wanted peoples opinion on some high performance tires. I was looking at something around the r1r toyo or federal 595rsr. I am looking at 195/50/15 sizes. I will be doing the odd autocross and track day but mostly daily driving. I know a lot of guys run the rivals but can anyone give me some feedback on them?

Thanks forany help. I was wondering if you guys run into problems aassociated with the weight of the tires as I found out with my re002?

A lot of people seem to really like the Rivals, as well as Dunlop ZIIs. I personally have experience with Falken Azenis RT-615s which I had on my 1990 Jetta and they did really well. They had tons of grip for daily use seemed to wear just fine and even did well in the wet. However, they get a little oily and lose grip when pushed hard in autocross. I used to spray them with water in-between runs to cool them down. They can be found for cheap either slightly used on Craigslist, Miata or Honda forums, but sometimes Discount Tire has some great deals on them.

I ended up going Bridgestone re11a. Daily driving.. just drove thru a thunderstorm today no problems.. sticky for autocross.

FYI guys, discount tire on ebay is now having a sale on tires! Buy $400 and get $100 off. Tons of great tires I see in stock. Just wanted to share

I second the re11a idea. I use those only for autocross. I have NeoGen for everyday driving.

The RE11A's seem to be the most street well mannered out of the Extreme Summer tires.

I daily drive/autocross(at least monthly) my Dunlop ZII's and so far have 16k miles on them (1 1/2 years) with plenty of life to go. Rain isn't much of a problem but I usually don't mind road noise.

Edit: they are almost at 3/32nds, might be time to find some new daily tires, but i'm sure they have quite a few autox runs in them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up with 195/50 Hankook RS3. Did not realise how painful it was to find a good tire that was a bit more than just sporty

Back