Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!
Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Development Thread - Racing Flywheels and Racing Axles

Donated: $20

'02 Protege5

...and today:

"Hey Mark,
    the engineer got back to me, and they are in the final processes of hardening of the CV Joints, but is still going to be another couple of weeks or so unfortunately.
    Thanks,
    Stephen"

Sooo..... we continue to wait some more.....
    - Mark -
    '02 Sunburst Yellow P5
    With just a little power adder...

Authorized Vendor

Hey guys,

we have the prototype set of axles ready to ship out, however, as much as we'd like to ship them to mspeedP5 for testing, he won't be able to test them till at least Apr/May next year due to his location.

is there anyone here further down south that is able to put these to the test?
    Stephen Yeh - MFactory® Competition Products
    http://www.teamMFactory.com
    -- --

'02 Protege5

C'mon guys!

Somebody here is ready to rip in the winter!!

I'd be all in now except for the weather. This project needs a test under prime conditions where the CV axles will get the full pull of good traction and maximum stress.

Registered Member ZealoustheEnder's Avatar
    Donated: $10

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

I drive my speed for work, 100 plus miles a day in Orlando. I am fully will to test them out. But I am only at 200HP now until my disco and unichip go in.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
    Hey guys,

we have the prototype set of axles ready to ship out, however, as much as we'd like to ship them to mspeedP5 for testing, he won't be able to test them till at least Apr/May next year due to his location.

is there anyone here further down south that is able to put these to the test?
    I can put miles on them. I am located in central Florida and drive my msp all day all over the state installing mobile electronics. 100+ miles. I will also be on the dyno in December having my unichip along with more mods installed.

'02 Protege5

I just want to throw this out there that personally I would like to see them used in a more stressful environment than just daily driving. My intent was to get some track time where I could throw in some hard launches as well as the transition of torque in hard cornering with slicks etc. These are developed as "Racing Axles" after all. Unfortunately the development and assembly time took longer than originally anticipated and they have become available at the twilight instead of the dawn of most areas race seasons....

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

I race every day 😉 unfortunately we don't have much in the way of track events down here. Except for. Trying to achieve gas mileage on the hwy I drive like its a road rally

'02 Protege5

Well I'm disappointed and not surprised at the same time that there is not more interest. It all comes down to timing, and like I said previously it will be the dawn of a new racing season before there is an opportunity to really put these to the test.
    Stephen, can you provide a teaser pic of the prototype next to the OEM? Maybe (just maybe) there might be somebody in the Southern Hemisphere that would be capable of taking this on during our Winter months.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Authorized Vendor

Sorry for late reply; just got back from Germany.

Will see what I can dig up
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Protege,ES T

Any idea on pricing.....

'02 Protege5

Santa arrived early this year!

Behold... the M-Factory prototype race axles! It will be a couple of months before they get installed and put through the paces tho! Just glad to finally see them!

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

So the cars mid shaft doesn't break?

'02 Protege5

Haven't heard of any.

'02 Protege5

So things are moving forward. A week tomorrow my car will be going in to the shop that built my PAR trans with an MFactory LSD. It will be getting a full inspection and rebuild as needed along with the installation of a HYDRA transmission reinforcement plate. At the same time, my spare trans with the OEM gearset and MSP LSD will also get a HYDRA plate installed. Additionally, the prototype MFactory Race CV Axles will be installed in the car!
    This is all in preparation for my participation this year in North America's longest running paved-road hill-climb event. http://www.knoxmtnhillclimb.ca/index.htm
    This event has been on my "Bucket List" for many years and it is finally going to be realized this May long weekend!
    I still have more prep work to do on the car including adding more "Lightness" but it should be good to go in plenty of time. I believe that this will be an excellent venue to put the prototype axles through a severe and thorough test on their durability.
    Stay Tuned!!!

Protege,ES T

Quote Originally Posted by mspeedP5 View Post
    Santa arrived early this year!

Behold... the M-Factory prototype race axles! It will be a couple of months before they get installed and put through the paces tho! Just glad to finally see them!

BEEFY!!.....Nice job MFactory!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast