thejeans 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Very interesting that bracket doesn't get your seat all that low.

I've used the Goodwin bracket: http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-0555.html
Which is very similar. Plus a slider and I'm still lower that foametcomied stocker. That's with a Sparco Sprint 5.

Aside from a custom bracket I made myself, the PCI bracket got me the lowest: http://www.pci-racing.com/product-category/seat-mounts/
I used one of their one piece mounts because it worked with the Sprint 5 that I was using.

All that said, if you truly want to be low... Cut out the floor and weld in one of these: http://mazdaracers.com/store/product/59-tunnel-notch-out-panel/
or these: http://mazdaracers.com/store/product/70-floor-drop-panel/

I have the tunnel notch out panel in my Spec Miata with the seat bolted directly to sound mount brackets. I'm sitting 1" above the floor.

Got a bit more work done over the weekend...

Installed the bluetooth stereo, and the freshly wrapped center surround
25559699096_b535550aaf_c.jpg

BYE BYE loud "custom" 3" with fart cannon.... HEEELLLOO 3" FM exhaust
25218276279_d084f9b4e0_c.jpg

such a cleaner and more unassuming look now
25467220692_9f05acd080_c.jpg

HELLO LS Coils setup! (FM Big Spark)
24955336944_9f7dca4041_c.jpg

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. I thought either I was going crazy, my eyes were playing tricks on me, or the "3 inch" exhaust was more like "taken out of a full-sized diesel rig" lol

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. I thought either I was going crazy, my eyes were playing tricks on me, or the "3 inch" exhaust was more like "taken out of a full-sized diesel rig" lol

yeah i only measured the tailpipe the day we traded, he snapped the pic and i posted, after posting i looked at it was like... that doesnt look the same, so i measured again and just never fixed the post haha

Looks nice!

Is the hood open?

no, thanks to 3 different new front ends between my accident and the previous owner, the car gaps arent as pretty as they should be... but this picture for some reason makes it look way worse than normal. maybe the hood was slightly popped.. i dunno, it was taken so long ago haha

time to bump an old thread, several updates that ill just put into one post....

got around this fall to finally tweaking with the bumper and hood. i found out that the body shop didnt put the bumper on properly and thats why it looked the way it did. i took the bumper off and reinstalled it and the gaps on the hood/bumper are drastically improved, next will be to get the bumper/fenders corrected.

recalibrated the o2 sensor yesterday (i didnt do it 100% correct when i did it in the spring)
shes running ALOT better now. drove it over 600 miles this weekend going to Lancaster PA to see some friends. the Ultrashield seat is surprisingly comfy even on long drives.

couple pics from Sundays Cars and Coffee.... my friends have way cooler cars than i do. Hillclimb MSM and a hillclimb ITB mazda3

30384731785_53d391a841_o.jpg

29801139144_805b34dd36_c.jpg

30315371272_8e0425bc97_c.jpg

little 3rd and 4th gear pull. little by little this car is getting better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2c1dR7XqIk

bunch of plans coming for 2017. now that the car is finally running well, im going to focus on some aesthetics of the car to make it truly my own car.

Last edited:
Nice Levi. It's great that you are going to be able to enjoy actually driving the car this year!

i just ordered a Blackbird Fabworx "Limited Production Black Edition" Lexan Spoiler. i cant wait to see that come in. below is a pic of what the spoiler will look like.

32607401206_834f71a510_z.jpg

Whoa! Nice grab. From what I was reading, Moti said there were only around 10 available.

i just ordered a set of Singular NC Hood vents for the MSM. Im looking forward to those coming in, im not looking forward to seeing how steady my cutting hand is when it comes time to install...
NC%20louvers%20in%20NB%20-%20Germany_zps1c5tbuuj.jpg

took me some time on Saturday and Sunday but its done now.

as you can see, the oem spoiler did a good bit of damage to the trunk lid and i didnt have any reservations about drilling holes into it.
33953881995_a07b435e98_z.jpg

got the middle strut mounted and thats where i took a break to eat dinner saturday and lost motivation lol
33110429244_007e9b59b3_z.jpg

view out the rear view mirror. im glad its tinted lexan and not solid black
33110428164_5af651b0ba_z.jpg

out and about getting breakfast yesterday morning
33140587793_0cbe317ced_z.jpg

i detailed the car yesterday. Wash, Clay bar, Polish, wax. It is no doubt the best its looked since i bought it.
ran a test of half the hood, the flake really started to POP as i worked the polish on the car. i put the camera phone behind my poplarized sunglasses to that glare was cut down a little bit
34144507700_2ec24237a7_z.jpg

finished product, no editing on the phone pics.
34144508200_b0623a02ed_z.jpg

34530058065_a89e0d5ed9_z.jpg

Looks awesome! Love that color.

thanks man, yea the color is amazing. after polishing, i was amazed how much color shifting the car would do, in the sun it was almost copper and when the sun went behind the clouds it was definitely red haha

Back