Turbo overboosting

I just had a mechanic put on a replacement stock turbo I bought off ebay. They say everything is hooked up right but it's creating to much boost. It u drive it normal it's fine but if u hammer it to pull out in front of semi for say it will cut the fuel out. Does anyone know what would be causing this or how to.fix it.

sounds like you got a different turbo than what you should have gotten. Never trust stuff like this off ebay. If you got a stock MS3 or MS6 off ebay, Tuning isn't really required, but highly recommended. I would highly recommended getting VersaTune or finding a fixed stock turbo made for the cx7. I believe BNR makes good stock replacement turbo's for our cars:

Clicky Clicky

They replaced the turbo and probably forgot to hook up the pressure line to the wastgate. Instead of properly diagnosing it, they beat it around hitting fuel cut and popped the motor. Sounds like they are 100% responsible for replacing that engine.

um, ouch. Definitely sounds like either you accidentally got the wrong turbo & were boosting way too much & not tuned for it or they messed something up in the installation process.

Zoom Zoom Boom

Yea it was overboosting but they said they didn't know how much it was creating. They drove it one day for 20 minutes aver boosting. Then they were driving to.another mechanic instead of trailering or towing it and it blew a rod and put a hole in the block. The owner of advantage Ford said I don't see how it's our fault

It blew because they were driving it and hitting fuel cut, if they drove it normal and kept it out of boost they wouldn't have blown it. Knowing how dealerships work they let some low wage lot kid drive it and he couldn't resist seeing "what this things packing".

Actually it was my.best friend the service manager that isn't a mechanic that drove it the 2 times I know of

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but your best friend obviously doesn't have any knowledge of the workings of a turbocharged engine and blew it up due to ignorance.

Yea pretty much when my dad and wife went to talk to.owner and him and mechanic about it cuz I.was at work told him he was a dumb ass several different times

Back