2014 CX-5 Sport A/C problem

azmazdaowner

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD
Our A/C still blows mostly from the floor even when set fully to panel vents. Mazda is aware of the problem and told us to not switch the path of the air flow when it is on at full blast. That's not a solution in my book. Supposedly they are designing a new part that won't be available to dealers for another month. I live in AZ and it was 118 F on my thermometer the other day. Anybody else having issues with air flow on their 2013/2014 Sport?

Last edited:
Our A/C still blows mostly from the floor even when set fully to panel vents. Mazda is aware of the problem and told us to not switch the path of the air flow when it is on at full blast. That's not a solution in my book. Supposedly they are designing a new part that won't be available to dealers for another month. I live in AZ and it was 118 F on my thermometer the other day. Anybody else having issues with air flow on their 2013/2014 Sport?

don't have this problem but, HAH! what an excuse the dealer made, but anyways it should be fixed as you were sayin,

it sounds like maybe a bad blend door actuator?? In any case, go to another dealer. If you're not satisfied with that, get the regional reps phone number and call them.

I don't have this problem but after running a/c and then I turn the a/c off - it still blows ice cold for a good while

I have a similar problem on my 2014 Touring.. Never took it to the dealer yet. Even when my vents are set to blowing through top vents, the leg/floor vents still is on. Kind of annoying having a cold feet.. And I don't even turn it on high, usually leave fan speed around 1 or 2 with A/C on occasionally. Not sure if it's design this way or is it only my car with the leg/floor vents being on even when the position selector is on "top/blowing toward people"

Last edited:
Only TSB I see for AC on CX-5 is this.

TSB: 07-001/14

2013-2015 CX-5 - A/C MODE SELECTOR DIAL DOES NOT STAY IN "DEFROSTER VENTS" POSITION - (MANUAL A/C ONLY)

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2015 CX-5 vehicles equipped with manual type air conditioning system with VINs lower than JM3KE******488298 (produced before June 1, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

When selecting the “Defroster Vents” position (B) with the Mode Selector Dial (A), some customers may notice the dial does not stay in the “Defroster Vents” position and returns to the “Defroster/Floor Vents” position (C).

This concern may be due to a production variation. Some of the mode control wires (A) may be too long to transmit movement from the mode selector dial to the link (B). The length of the mode control wire has been shortened to eliminate this concern.

Only TSB I see for AC on CX-5 is this.

TSB: 07-001/14

2013-2015 CX-5 - A/C MODE SELECTOR DIAL DOES NOT STAY IN "DEFROSTER VENTS" POSITION - (MANUAL A/C ONLY)

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2015 CX-5 vehicles equipped with manual type air conditioning system with VINs lower than JM3KE******488298 (produced before June 1, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

When selecting the “Defroster Vents” position (B) with the Mode Selector Dial (A), some customers may notice the dial does not stay in the “Defroster Vents” position and returns to the “Defroster/Floor Vents” position (C).

This concern may be due to a production variation. Some of the mode control wires (A) may be too long to transmit movement from the mode selector dial to the link (B). The length of the mode control wire has been shortened to eliminate this concern.

Might need to take mine in then.. Mine was before June 2014. The defroster don't stay in place either, just returns to defrost/floor vents...

That's not cool. All puns intended.

Back