Oil Feed line Fittings Question

Bebotech

:
2002 MP5
Hey guys,

can some one tell me what fittings do I need to hook up the oil feed line to the back of the block. I am looking for a fitting where I can hook up the braided line and the oil pressure sensor, kind of like a tee. I seen them in the forum often but no part number or place to purchase it is shown. If you could tell me what to get and where to get it I would really appreciate it.

So you need to make a tee? You need something that has a male 1/8 in. BSPT (not the same as NPT) fitting to go into the block, a female 1/8 in. BSPT (again, not NPT) fitting to accept the stock oil pressure sender, and then a fitting to accept whatever it is you're trying to add. When I turbocharged my old P5 I used:

1. male 1/8 in. BSPT to male 1/8 in. NPT adapter,
2. all female 1/8 in. NPT tee,
3. male 1/8 in. NPT to female 1/8 in. BSPT adaptor, and
4. male 1/8 in. NPT to male -4 AN adapter.

The BSPT side of (1) goes into the block and the NPT side goes into (2). The NPT sides of (3) and (4) go into the other ports of (2). The stock oil pressure gage threads into the BSPT side of (3) and the oil feed line threads onto the AN side of (4). Check out McMaster Carr.

the one Dino used to sell looked like this.
oil_feed_t_fitting.jpg

Magnum pretty much told you exactly what you need.

^^^ I remember that now! If I recall correctly it was cheaper to build my own through McMaster. I also didn't like that all the fittings were stainless steel. I prefer to alternate materials between SS and brass to get a better seal when the brass threads conform to the SS ones. If you can find a male 1/8 in. BSPT to male -4 (or -3) AN adapter you can save yourself the hassle of the BSPT-to-NPT adapters.

Would this work? Medium-Pressure Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting, 1/8 Pipe Size, Female x Male x Female Tee

Would this work? Medium-Pressure Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting, 1/8 Pipe Size, Female x Male x Female Tee
Link? If all the pipe sizes are in BSPT then you'd be able to thread the male end into the block and thread the oil pressure sender into one of the female ports in the tee. What are you going to use for the other port?

Back