Rear Driver's Side Window

Amidath

:
2008 Mazda5 Sport
Hello all,

So I know there is a fair amount of posts about windows and their issues on here but I haven't quite found anything that matches what's going on with my 08 5 Sport. The drivers side rear window from the door would only roll down very slowly and then not up at all, but from the master switch in the drivers seat I could roll up and and down at normal speed so I'd say the motor is fine.

Well today I finally got into the vehicle (been parked for about 6mos in the garage) to mess with it and try the window reset (I don't think the 08 has that though?) when I did notice the switch is for sure broken, likely when the car was broken into, it's like the switch has lost it's "spring" or something and just clicks and stays either up or down but has no control. So that needs to be replaced no matter what. (Any good sites that you recommend for a part like that?)

Pulled the switch out and disconnected it's lead but NOW I cannot roll it down from the master at all, and doesn't work at all now even re connecting the broken switch. Does a (working) switch have to be connected for the master to work? All of the other windows work fine from the master and from their respective switches.

Thanks.

~ Kyle

Simple answer is yes, a working switch has to be plugged in. The circuit from the master switch is completed to the motor when the specific window switch is in its rested position. You need a new switch and then it all should work fine.

Back