1,3 Idle Engine vibration *FIXED*

Doktor

:
Mazda 2 1.3 - 2008
So my Girlfriend owns a 2008 1,3 Mazda 2. Bought Used 18 months ago.

About a month after picking it up , i noticed a fair bit of engine and steering wheel vibration when idling and applying the brakes.
I had the dealer check it, and they ran a diagostic tool on the ECU. That showed that everything was fine. They also did a 10k service at that same time.

The issues persisted , until this weekend.

When i finally got to do the service myself.
Changed:
  • oil
  • oilfilter
  • sparkplugs
  • airfilter

Its runs so much smoother now, and after looking at the old plugs, which by the look of them had never been replaced, im pretty certain the idling issues was related to the plugs.

Just if anybody out there has had the same issue :) Could be an easy fix

Good Morning, Doktor....Thanks, I've been having the same problem, where I would be at the stop light or in traffic, and on applying the brakes, the car vibrates, and rev dies down and car shuts off.....I turn it on and its fine again....So I'm going to try this.

Good morning all. So I did everything the Doktor ordered and also replaced the hydraulic and rear engine mounts (transmission mount looks fine).

After replacing the RH side hydraulic engine mount, the engine vibration all but vanished for about one week. It returned with a vengeance. So we thought it might be related to the automatic transmission as the oil was quite dark....carried out an oil and filter change but no change to vibration and noise (even felt through steering wheel). Yes the vibration is felt while stationary as well as underway.

What are your thoughts around the potential for the new Febest replacement engine mount (hydraulic) to have prematurely failed after one week?

I joined the forum this morning so am hoping that I did the correct thing in replying to this older thread. Hoping someone out there experienced similar problem and have found a fix (scratch)

Back