Hello New to this community

cool_killed

:
2008 Mazda 5 full load
Hello everyone...i have an issue i'd like to get some help with

Brakes: 2008 mazda 5

recently, i replaced the front and rear rotors and pads and bled the system....one problem...i didn't realize the routine in doing the rear calipers, so: here's what i did - normally the C-clamp system works but it wasn't so i thought to take the caliper off the car (pinching the brake line) and attempting to reset the piston....clamp wasn't working (and i still had not realized the piston needed to be turned as it is pushed in) so i grabbed my hammer and started tapping the piston on my benchtop, fluid would pop out of the hole where the line would normally be each time i hit the piston, and i kept tapping (or hitting lol) and the piston started to go back in, perfect....so i did the same to the other driver side rear caliper, put everything back together, bled and done (so i thought)...i started hearing some kind of rattle from the rear wheels when driving over bumps or cracks in the road (like the pads where loose? and clattering) this would stop when i put my foot on the brake pedal or pulled the e brake up slightly...i called a friend at Budget and he said to pull on the hand brake a tonne of times until they calipers/pads set themselves (this was routine)....well i thought this fixed it but it didn't, and now i was told the proper way to reset the caliper (BUMMER!!) so i took apart the calipers again and, re did them, and re bled them (when i used my pliars to turn and push the calipers, when i turned to the left, the caliper twisted out, when i turned the pliers right, the piston turned in and very easily i might say (ugh)...tried the parking brake routine and still the pads (i think mainly or only the rear passenger side was still clattering)...so now i am at the point where i think when i tapped (or hit with medium force on the piston ) i might have bent or damaged something???? can you guys shed some light on this pls and thanks.

Check to make sure the anti rattle equipped pad is installed on the piston side. If it's the older style that slides onto the piston before reinstallation of the caliper, make sure it's installed correctly. In the pic below the top type is the new style bottom type is the old. Old type has the clips on back of the pad to engage and hold onto piston face. New just puts pressure against the caliper to prevent it from rattling when brakes aren't applied using the spring on top of the pad.
IMG_0485.JPG

you know what!!!!....you can put the pads on the wrong side can't you? Frick, that could be the issue.....i will check asap and get back to ya...tx

Back