P0300, Check Engine Light, and Blinking Oil Preasure Light

Bebotech

:
2002 MP5
Like the title says, I plugged the car and the code that comes up is P0300. I also have the check engine Light on and a blinking oil preasure light. I am seeing smoke coming out from between the fire wall and the engine. I am new to the MZ6 model can someone please help. !!!!!!

P0300 is a mis fire in one of the cylinders......as far as the blinking oil light, did you check your oil? do you have a V6 or the I4?

A P0300 diagnostic code indicates a random or multiple misfire. If the last digit is a number other than zero, it corresponds to the cylinder number that is misfiring. A P0302 code, for example, would tell you cylinder number two is misfiring. Unfortunately, a P0300 doesn't tell you specifically which cylinder(s) is/are mis-firing, nor why.

I have a V6 and the oil level seems to be just right.

As far as the oil could be an issue with the sensor and the you may be leaking oil out of the valve cover gasket as far as the smoking issue. Check your coil packs for the P0300 code.......

the mechanic told me that I had a bad cat and he is charging me $700 to replace the cat. I think that is a ridiculous amount of money for a cat.

Back