Air Vent Noise

sonex293

:
2015 CX-5 Touring FWD, Crystal White Pearl Mica
I started noticing a vibration/rattling noise coming from the driver side center air vent on my 2015 Touring. It is definitely impacted by the fan speed, air flow direction and is getting worse. I'm nearing 3000 miles and before I take it into the dealer, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed an air vent noise.....and was the dealer able to fix it!

==
Michael

Hi i had exactly what you described at highest setting for a while but now it diapeeared and has not come back for a year. Cant take it to dealer now as they would not hear. I recomend to take it to dealer while you can here.

I started noticing a vibration/rattling noise coming from the driver side center air vent on my 2015 Touring. It is definitely impacted by the fan speed, air flow direction and is getting worse. I'm nearing 3000 miles and before I take it into the dealer, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed an air vent noise.....and was the dealer able to fix it!

==
Michael

Yes! I have this exact issue on my 2013 since new, and I have 25,000 mi on it now. It's like a light clicking/crackling noise coming from the center vents, and it only happens when the AC is on 3 or 4 and when one or both of the side vents is diverted or closed. So yes, it seems like it's only there when there's a higher air flow to the center.

I never bothered mentioning it to the dealer because I figured it was something flukey and I didn't want to have my dash ripped apart for them to find nothing. I'm interested to hear if you make any progress with it.

I have this exact same issue since purchase in 2013. Mine is more noticeable on the side air vents. It seems that it happens more often when it is diverted to one of the sides and in the summer (cool air/AC-on).

I noticed a slight clicking noise as well when the A/C is on. It is like the fan is hitting something. The sound is so slight for now that I am not going to bother to bring it in to the dealer.

Yep. Can confirm the same. Center left side. Cold A/C air. For me, stops when you move the baffles but can come back. Pretty sure it is related to the baffle design/material.

Back