Power-seat noise

Z0RrO

:
Mazda, CX-5, GS
I am sharing the car with my wife. Because we need different adjustment for the seat, we use the power-seat feature quite often. Lately, the power-seat's motor started to make louder noise. The motor is still able to get the job done but with such loud noise. I have looked under the seat and there is nothing that might have clogged the gear.

Do you have this issue ?

When you adjust the seat and it makes noise, are you sitting in the seat? My wife sits up high so I have to move the seat down while I'm outside the car, just to be able to get in. And which direction are you moving the seat when it makes the noise? Up/down or forward/backward?

When you adjust the seat and it makes noise, are you sitting in the seat? My wife sits up high so I have to move the seat down while I'm outside the car, just to be able to get in. And which direction are you moving the seat when it makes the noise? Up/down or forward/backward?

It doesn't matter if I am in the seat or not. The noise is always present when I move the seat forward & backward.

It doesn't matter if I am in the seat or not. The noise is always present when I move the seat forward & backward.

Did you ever get this fixed or figure out what it was? I know it's been a while.. Thanks

Do you have this issue ?
Yes our CX-5 now has the same issue.

Our 2016 CX-5 GT AWD is my wife's DD with only 32K miles. We seldom move the power seat but recently I started to notice the forward/backward motor is making much louder noise. I only hope the motor won't fail too soon, and wish the problem could have happened earlier when our CX-5 was still having new car warranty.

I had the same issue, a loud screeching sound. The dealership, replaced the whole bottom mechanism. I also had a broken lumbar support(broken welding), so they have replaced the top mechanism at the same time, as well.
Yeah, I had a few issues with my CX5. 0 issues, with the 08' VW Rabbit, after 6.5 years(!).

I had the same issue, a loud screeching sound. The dealership, replaced the whole bottom mechanism. I also had a broken lumbar support(broken welding), so they have replaced the top mechanism at the same time, as well.
Yeah, I had a few issues with my CX5. 0 issues, with the 08' VW Rabbit, after 6.5 years(!).
So this power seat noise from forward/backward motor is a more common problem than I thought. Apparently the motor can't be ordered by itself and the whole seat bottom mechanism needs to be replaced to resolve the issue! This looks like an expensive repair waiting to happen to our CX-5, I guess I just have to either not to drive wife's CX-5, or settle for the driver seat position wife uses ⋯ ;)

There is a TSB on fore/aft noise that comes from the drive cables resonating. I presume I*m not allowed to share it but it basically requires new cables to be fitted. I can post it if allowed?

I believe we can link to them, but I think the forum isn't allowed to host them for some reason. My only reasoning for that is so that Mazda can control which TSBs are available to the public, presumably to prevent outdated/superseded TSBs from circulating? Who knows.

Wow.. Seems they don't just sell just the motor. They sell it as the power section of the seat. Mazda wants over a grand just for the part. Found an online site wanting half that but still seems VERY expensive. Anyone use a site or know a good place for these types of parts? Thanks

I'm wondering, the one they have installed in my car is an updated version, or soon it will come back the same noise?
Wow, is that expensive? I didn't even know.

I'm wondering, the one they have installed in my car is an updated version, or soon it will come back the same noise?
Wow, is that expensive? I didn't even know.
It seems you get power seat mechanism replaced under warranty. When did yours get replaced?

Thats why it would be nice to see the whole TSB document as itll have a date and affected models. Itll explain the cause of the problem, and list the revised parts list with new part numbers. Then you should be able to tell your replacement is still the one having the same potential problem, or the revised one which should last longer.

Wow.. Seems they don't just sell just the motor. They sell it as the power section of the seat. Mazda wants over a grand just for the part. Found an online site wanting half that but still seems VERY expensive. Anyone use a site or know a good place for these types of parts? Thanks
Not surprised about the one grand on list price for the whole power seat bottom mechanism and there's no separate parts available when tibimakai mentioned his dealer had to replace the whole thing under warranty. Thats why I said earlier this problem is an expensive repair waiting to happen to my CX-5!

Really wish we can see the whole TSB document on this issue and we can call Mazda North American Opetations seeking for some compensation on expensive parts as this problem definitely is caused by the design flaw or inferior parts.

This seems to be like 2016 LED DRL problem happening again, which would cost us money dearly!

Not surprised about the one grand on list price for the whole power seat bottom mechanism and there's no separate parts available when tibimakai mentioned his dealer had to replace the whole thing under warranty. Thats why I said earlier this problem is an expensive repair waiting to happen to my CX-5!

Really wish we can see the whole TSB document on this issue and we can call Mazda North American Opetations seeking for some compensation on expensive parts as this problem definitely is caused by the design flaw or inferior parts.

This seems to be like 2016 LED DRL problem happening again, which would cost us money dearly!

Searching around I found a dealer selling the part for $370. KD5188AF0A02. Still expensive but much better. I'm going to wait until it fails before doing mine. Just wanted to share with those needing it.

Great video. Bought all the parts you did for about the same price. Took less than 1/2 hour to replace. No more annoying, and embarrassing, screech.

Can't see the video ... Only a frowny face :-(

Anyone have a link?

Back