really neat to see though.

I was wondering are the low profile 19" tires more prone to
road hazzards than any other tire? I've never had tires that
Size so just wondering?

Look forward to following your documenting your new CX5
when you find new things.

Take Care,

Craig

yes. generally all the lower profile tires are more vunerable than the old fashioned 16's and 17's. 18's arent great, but 19's and above are terrible as far as risk goes. The less tire, the less protection from potholes and road hazards.

True!
Low profile to me is 45 series and lower.
Depends on the width of the tire as well ;) Many trucks use a 275/45/20 these days.

Profile height is the percentage in relation to the width. Using the example- 275/45/20
275= 275 mm wide from sidewall to sidewall (uninflated)
45= 45% of 275 mm. In this case, about 124 mm.
20= 20 inches in wheel diameter.

A 205/45/x's sidewall will always be shorter than a 275/45/x's sidewall
(92.25mm VS 123.75mm)

Manufacturers use these numbers only as an approximation, however, as a Michelin may be wider or thinner than a Continental with the same numbers, respectively.

Last edited:
Profile height is the percentage in relation to the width. Using the example- 275/45/20
20= 20 inches in diameter.

A 205/45/x'a sidewall will always be shorter than a 275/45/x'a sidewall
(92.25mm VS 123.75mm)

Manufacturers use these numbers only as an approximation, however, as a Michelin may be wider or thinner than a Continental with the same numbers, respectively.

Which is why I gave the example. I was far too lazy to post that :)

20= 20 inches in diameter.

A 205/45/x'a sidewall will always be shorter than a 275/45/x'a sidewall
(92.25mm VS 123.75mm)

Howdy All,

Sorry Guys, My Bad for saying low profile !!!

They just seem lower to the ground than
normal tires, or what's normal to me<G>
and the era that I'm from.

As always, Lots of great info here.

Thanks and Take Care,

CK

and the wife calls again today.. tire light on and she's on the freeway.. WTF man.. i mean logically it can't be the cars fault, but man its suspicious. ill check for nails when i get home, and prob make another video.

and the wife calls again today.. tire light on and she's on the freeway.. WTF man.. i mean logically it can't be the cars fault, but man its suspicious. ill check for nails when i get home, and prob make another video.

That sucks! I assume you have the Toyo A23s. That is what I have on my GT.

When you replace a tire or top up pressures you need to press the TPMS button. Otherwise the system can't work properly.

After a reset it takes 15 or 20 miles of driving to complete the initialization and become functional.

I wonder if something was sticking with either the emergency brake cable or a rear caliper? Do pads in the rear look basically new? I have just a little more miles on mine now than yours. I've seen a few posts...not many about caliper slide pins that weren't overly lubed.

Back