a/c blower

manray0417

:
2014 Mazda CX-5
Has anyone else noticed the blower in the cx-5 doesn't seem to have much power? The A/C does a decent job cooling here in the GA summer, but with it set on 4 it feels like my jeep wrangler's blower on about 50% power. Anyone else notice this?

Don't know which HVAC system you have, I have dual zone auto HVAC, and I haven't had a problem with it. Especially on AUTO , it blows strong and cold. However, HVAC systems with replaceable cabin filters sometimes tend to blower weaker due to that extra filter to blow through.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Its sufficient, but would be nice if it were 50% stronger. I have covered parking, so its not an issue for me. Makes a huge difference if the car is not heated up when you get in. I can imagine if you parked in the hot sun and had regular short trips, it would be uncomfortable. Its great on long trips though. But then, my 2007 Civic AC seemed weak too. I miss the good old days of R12. Back then AC was COLD.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, if you're driving alone you can close off the passenger vent to aid in blowing more air to the driver and the both center vents swiveled to driver area. I believe all black interior makes for more heat inside, too. Or, it could be a mind game...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, if you're driving alone you can close off the passenger vent to aid in blowing more air to the driver and the both center vents swiveled to driver area. I believe all black interior makes for more heat inside, too. Or, it could be a mind game...

I've owned white car with black interior and a black car with light gray interior. The white car got MUCH hotter inside after sitting in the sun. Believe its a green house effect. If I had a black interior, I would definitely tint side windows and get a sun shade too.

I've owned white car with black interior and a black car with light gray interior. The white car got MUCH hotter inside after sitting in the sun. Believe its a green house effect. If I had a black interior, I would definitely tint side windows and get a sun shade too.

Well, even with sand leather, I would recommend front tints and sun shade, at least here in the south US. I was at Myrtle Beach about 3 weeks ago, baked for about 3-4 hrs and when we got in the leather seats I expected to burn, but it was pleasantly tolerable. I had a sun shade but no front tints yet. If I had black I'm sure I would've burned my azz.

You have to consider once the hasboard is hot it's going to be putting a lot of heat in your face especially if you aren't using recirculate.I use the sunshade, then unless it seems like it's gonna rain I put the moonroof to vent, and close the cover minus about 2inches, so there is an air vent but not to much sun getting in. Also opening the hatch real quick vents a lot of hot air quick after sitting. (Texas, black leather, dark blue paint). I use one of these. I got mine off ebay in 2012 for about $50. http://www.carid.com/2013-mazda-cx-5-sun-shades/covercraft-uvs100-heat-shield-10095680.html it is durable, and fits well.

Last edited:
Did you try replacing the cabin air filter (the one the A/C blows through)? It's about a 2 minute procedure. You'd be amazed how quickly they can pick up dirt.

My touring 2014 blows so noisy and hard on high speed that I can't wait to turn it down to #2.

Back