Can't see good on low beam

nchamber

:
Mazda cx 5
I couldn't find an appropriate area to post this so hopefully this will work.

t have a new 2014 CX5. When on low beam, the headlights don't shine past the top of the hood. This is a huge problem when going down a hill because I can't see up the road in front of me. Do they need adjusting or is this just the way they are?

Doesn't sound right to me. I have no problem seeing going down a hill. I think a quick trip to the dealer for an adustment is need.

Or you can adjust them up yourself. Easy to do; do a search here and you should come up with a couple of past threads on how to.

Search the internet on how to level your beams properly. Most heights set by the dealerships are conservative, but adjust a little at a time and test drive at night so you do not blind oncoming drivers.
I'm guessing you don't have the adaptive bi-xenons, and I do so I'm not sure if your headlight adjuster looks like this but I think it does. A large Philip head screwdriver or 10mm wrench will adjust it, and turning clockwise adjusts it up, I believe.
8egy9a3a.jpg

Last edited:
Regular headlights are a bit different, but same idea. 10mm silver bolt head on the rear of the housing turns clockwise to raise the beam. I marked the bolt so I could tell how many turns I gave it and raised each by one and a half rotations, which did the trick.

Regular headlights are a bit different, but same idea. 10mm silver bolt head on the rear of the housing turns clockwise to raise the beam. I marked the bolt so I could tell how many turns I gave it and raised each by one and a half rotations, which did the trick.
Good idea. I could probably use a slight adjustment after lowering.

Back