Where shall i jack the rear?

Hey all,

Just finished cleaning and reassembling the intake after fixing Vics screw's and doing vtcs delete. Now I need to fix the bigger issue with the car... The frame rails.

I will be cutting and welding the rear frame rails and need to find a sturdy location to place jack stands as all of the rear suspension is coming off, that includes the cross members which bolt onto the rails,jacking points have rotted.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Phil.

If you can cut and weld you could make a "beam" from heavy square tubing about a meter wide with a notch or pocket in the center. Place it on the jack, put it under the center jack point, raise the car and put the jack stands under the ends of the "beam".

If you can cut and weld you could make a "beam" from heavy square tubing about a meter wide with a notch or pocket in the center. Place it on the jack, put it under the center jack point, raise the car and put the jack stands under the ends of the "beam".

Not too sure what you mean by that, but I ended up finding a spot on the mangled pinch welds along the sides of the car and its holding well.

Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Back