Need rims for bad winters (Mazda 2)

phatdad

:
2011 Mazda 2
Hey everyone, first post here. Thanks for all your help.

My daughter bought a Mazda 2 and is up in Bangor, ME. She has stock wheels and all season tires on now, and I want to find rims for winter tires, and was wondering if wheels from any other car might fit. Was wondering about a Ford Fiesta?

Also, if anyone in Maine is looking to sell a set of winters, let me know!

I think you can fit wheels from an older Miata (I know the 1st gen Miatas had 14" wheels...not sure about the bolt pattern, though). I'm certainly not an expert, but hopefully it's food for thought.

the current gen fiesta uses a different bolt pattern, i believe 4 x 108, so they will not work.

However it shouldn't be too hard to find a set of cheap steelies in mazda spec 4x100 bolt pattern, 54mm hub bore, 15x6 size, 40mm offset.

you could use honda steelies as long as they are 4x100 bolt pattern and 15x6 if you wanted to retain stock size, the offsets are generally close enough(35+), however honda uses a slightly bigger bore(i think honda uses 64mm), which means the rims will not be hubcentric(possible to get slight vibrations at high speed), but for a set of snow wheels it shouldn't be a problem

Japanese auto brands all commonly use 4x100mm bolt patterns. Honda brands and Mazdas commonly use 6" widths on their 15" wheels. The second generation Miata 15" rim is a perfect fit(just took mine off for a new set of Konigs) and can be found for <$200 for a set as long as you don't mind some curb rash. I would also check out some cheap steelies on Craigslist, they are stupidly common and you can usually negotiate down to <$100 for a set. If you are looking for cheap and new, discount tire direct has a set of steelies for cheap, and they offer free shipping and free mounting if you get a set of snows at the same time. All that's left is to put them on.

Back